Credit Card to bank account transfer

On the look out
    Unbelievable - I got a refund for a cancelled holiday back to my Credit Card (great news), only to discover to transfer the money back to my Current Account I get charged 3.99% from Tesco !

Always pay my credit card every month and get hit with this charge - so in essence, I didn't get the full refund for cancelled holiday
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @DuncanT, sorry to hear this. When we process this type of refund, sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed. If you’ve only transferred the exact amount you are in credit by, we'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days. Please get in touch if you have any issues with this.
    On the look out
    Thank you. That's reassuring - I will keep an eye out on the transfer - much appreciated
    Community superstar
    Hi @DuncanT
    Great news to hear you got your refund for your cancelled holiday.
    If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this through online banking or the mobile app.
    Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by and not the amount refunded to you by the merchant. For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200(showing as -£200), please only transfer the £200.
    I see ChristinaG has responded to the 3.99% fee that's charged is credited back to you in 7-10 days.
    Warm wishes, Caz 25H