Tips for working from home

Community Manager
    Morning everyone

Can you believe it's approaching 8 months since many of us have been working from home, how is everyone finding this?

Sometimes it can be difficult to maintain a focus, especially as the days and nights can be so dark now.

Please share any tips or words of support you may have to help others by leaving a comment below.

Look forward to hearing from you 😊
  • 4 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi Sarah, @sarah_d

I was working from home for years before the pandemic struck and loved it !
    It's great to escape the daily commute, and it offers much more flexible and productive working.

What worked well for me was taking regular breaks away from the computer.
    I found it really easy to communicate with colleagues and clients by call/text and email from my blackberry.

This allowed me to work from the beach, walking the hills or just out in the garden.
    These are things that you just can't do from the office, the freedom it offers is brilliant !

I can see remote working becoming the new norm, and many offices will not re-open.

Best wishes to everyone that is now working from home ! 😃

Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Former Community Manager
    So I made a big change when I moved my desk from my living room to another room. I found that working and relaxing in the same room became hard after a while, but this simple change meant that the hours I was not working, I was away from my desk.

feeling the positives already :)
    Community superstar
    Hi @sarah_d
    It was so much easier in some ways due to not having to commute to the office through the traffic and in the dark.
    However it can be easy to get so engrossed in work at home so I'd set a timer that I would move away from my desk every hour.
    I found the hour passed so quickly which made it more so important to have mobility and take my eyes off of a computer screen!!
    So many people work from home now I can see for many this will be permanent.
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Community Manager
    I like @RossM have moved my computer from downstairs to the spare room to try and help switch off, something I still struggle with being at home all the time. This lockdown I've set myself some targets of working correct hours, taking a break and getting a walk a day to help clear my mind.

Totally agree with @CSKBrambles that ways of working will change in the future, also really like your idea @25H!