Pay by bank feedback

Community Manager
    Our new Pay by Bank service is now live and available to use within our Online Banking or Mobile Banking App, and as we are the first bank to introduce this new service, we want to make sure it fits in with your everyday needs. We’d love to hear your thoughts by leaving a comment below.

What is Pay by Bank?

Pay by Bank allows you to make payments to your Tesco Bank Credit Card, straight from your other bank account through our Online Banking or Mobile Banking App. It works by securely sending an instruction to your other bank, telling them to send the money from your bank account to your Tesco Bank Credit Card.

How do I use the Pay by Bank service?

• Log in to Online Banking or Mobile Banking App, click on your account and select ‘Make Payment’.
    • Select ‘Pay by Bank’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Choose your bank from the list and check all your payment details are correct and then select ‘Confirm’ to continue.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your payment request with your bank.

Not yet registered for The Community?

You will need to register for The Community in order to leave your feedback. You can register here and once completed, come back to this thread by clicking on the Feedback & Discussions board within our home page. Here you will see the thread at the top of the page.

If you are already registered, just sign in and leave your comment.

We can’t wait to hear from you.

The Tesco Bank Community team.

Last edited by sarah_d; 23-10-20 at 07:51. Reason: adding hyperlinks
  • 14 Replies

Investigator
    I used this feature recently through the app to pay my credit card. Thought it worked very well, no need to mess around with debit card or faster payment details. Payment appeared on my credit card the same day which was faster than a debit card payment.

I did notice however that my main bank, HSBC, isn’t supported for now. I was quite surprised because they’re one of the largest banks in the UK. Are there any plans to add more providers?
    Employee
    Hey @crb227,

Thank you for taking the time to try out our new Pay by Bank service and letting us know your feedback. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed using our new payment feature and that it worked well.

We will be adding more providers to the list as and when they become available. As soon as HSBC are available to choose from, we will let you know.

Thanks,
    Adam
    I paid by this method and money has been taken from my bank but not even showing pending on account
    Your Community Expert
    Hi Tam, I'm really sorry to hear this. So I can help, could you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank? - Keigan
    I have tried to use the Pay by Bank service a few times, to link to a Santander account. I am fairly sure that the process worked well the first time I tried - quick, simple and successful switching between Tesco app and Santander app. However, the last 3 times I have tried to use the service (with multiple attempts each time, so probably tried and failed about 8-9 times in total), the Santander app hangs at the same point prior to login. I am unsure if this is an issue from the Tesco side, or an issue with the Santander side or something entirely different on my phone. The Santander app works perfectly normally if I login directly through that app, it just doesn't work when Tesco tries to link to it. I have to use the pay by debit card option, which still tries to link to the Santander app (and it fails again at exactly the same point) but fortunately this option eventually shows me the option to have a OTP sent, so I can successfully complete the payment.
    Employee
    Hi @Tamkelly,

Thank you for taking the time to try out our new Pay by Bank service and letting us know about your experience.

When you make a payment via this service you will be able to see details of the payment in your recent transactions once it clears, which can take up to two working days.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Employee
    Hi @McFazzler,

Thank you for taking the time to try out our new Pay by Bank service and letting us know your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you've recently experienced some issues when using our Mobile App.

I have escalated this to our Mobile App team to investigate the issue. We'll come back to you as soon as we have an update.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Community Manager
    Hi @McFazzler,

Thanks for your patience while we've looked into this. Our Mobile team have investigated and have been unable to identify an issue from the Tesco side of the process. When we hand over to your bank, it is then up to the receiving bank to complete the process. In this case it would appear there has been an issue connecting to Santander to authorise the payment.

If this issue persists we would advise you contact Santander and raise with them.

We'll continue to monitor the Pay By Bank service to ensure everything is running smoothly in the future. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Sarah
    Above and beyond
    Dear All,

Please note that due to esential planned maintenance,

The Mobile App will be unavailable from 3pm Saturday 5 December to the morning of Sunday 6 December.

This is on all Tesco Bank Credit Cards, Current Account, Savings and Loans.

Tesco Bank has issued an apology for the inconvenience on the mobile app.

Kindest Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles