Bring back the current account!

Just looking
    Top of my wish list would be for Tesco Bank to bring back their current account; shame it was pulled earlier in the year as have a lot of the fave things I used to enjoy within the group (eg. Tesco Direct, Avios partnership, clubcard spending with Uber to name a few).  Maybe a current account beta trial along with a CASS switch bonus to gauge potential interest could be a starter?
  • 9 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @AMP978
    I could not agree with you more. I'm sure if Tesco Bank brought their current account back it would be very popular, attract more people as well as adding considerable amount of money too.
    Warm regards, Caz @25H
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @AMP978, sorry to hear about your disappointment surrounding this! I'll pass this on as customer feedback today. @25H, I'll add on your comments too!
    Community superstar
    Thanks @KellyT.
    There are some banks offering a financial incentive to move to them, it would be great if Tesco Bank could offer something similar when they reintroduce their current account to new customers.
    I suspect it was a long term business decision, to be sustainable sometimes a company has to make decisions which maintain long term growth resulting in some things having to be removed to aid this.

Who knows, maybe one day the Current Account will relaunch, with a great incentive?
    Community superstar
    Who knows, maybe one day the Current Account will relaunch, with a great incentive?
    That would be great @heanor_man_34 wouldn't it?
    Watch this space!!
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Banned
    It may be possible to sue banks in small-claims court or through class-action lawsuits. Beyond filing a lawsuit, you have the option of filing a complaint with a government agency about your concern with the bank, which can still result in you getting financial relief. Unlike *link removed*, most banks would like to see the account being at zero before they proceed with the closure. If you have funds in your account, you can either withdraw them, transfer them, or the bank will deduct certain charges from them in order to cover its costs.
    Fresh Eyes
    In my opinion the closure of the Tesco Bank current accounts is not just a disappointment but a major failure of the Tesco brand.
    I feel that I, and many other Tesco Bank Current Account customers no doubt, have been somewhat let down.
    I used to use my Tesco Bank current account for all my shopping, whether in Tesco or elsewhere, and was able to manage the account using Tesco Bank's online banking very conveniently from my desktop PC with regular transfers-in from another account.
    I have just looked into the possibility of using Clubcard Pay+ in a similar way, but this appears to be impossible for me as it is necessary to use a mobile 'phone with Tesco mobile Banking and Clubcard Apps installed. (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ON THIS ISSUE.)
    This makes it impossible for those of us who either do not have, or do not wish to have the Tesco mobile banking app, to use Clubcard Pay+.
    Having moved all the funds from my Tesco Bank current account to another bank before closure, I am now considering moving the funds still held in Tesco bank savings elsewhere.
    GeoffRH (Tesco pensioner)
    Fresh Eyes
    It may be possible to sue banks in small-claims court or through class-action lawsuits. Beyond filing a lawsuit, you have the option of filing a complaint with a government agency about your concern with the bank, which can still result in you getting financial relief. Unlike *link removed*, most banks would like to see the account being at zero before they proceed with the closure. If you have funds in your account, you can either withdraw them, transfer them, or the bank will deduct certain charges from them in order to cover its costs.
    But how do you access any money that was left in your current account when Tesco closed it?
    Former Community Manager
    But how do you access any money that was left in your current account when Tesco closed it?

Hey, If you had a balance in your account on 30 November 2021, we'll post a cheque for the remaining balance to your home address.