Chargeback/Should I be worried

Just looking
    Applied for chargeback 20th July with all necessary documents & confirmation of receipt from Tesco CC. I'm aware it's a long process under the circumstances . Is anyone else in the same situation , waiting 3 months plus for resolution ?
  • 11 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @sfarrar
    Chargeback claims are taking longer than usual, however as you've been waiting 3 months you could send Tesco Bank a private message and ask for an update to your claim.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm regards, Caz @25H
    Your Community Expert
    Thanks for stepping in to help out @25H :) We'll be able to investigate this further for you over private message @sfarrar. I'm very sorry about the delays you've experienced with this.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @sfarrar

I'm sorry that Charge back claims are taking much longer than usual, but please don't worry as your claim is being processed. Due to the the time that you've been waiting, i suggest that you send Tesco Bank a private message to request an update to your claim.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Kind Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Window shopper
    Hi
    I have been waiting for a chargeback on Virgin Atlantic for about 8 weeks after VA ignore refund requests for flight cancelled in May. I sent a PM to Tesco-Bank today to get an update but looking back at the text from disputes team I see I did not include in the email header "CLAIM Supporting Information" as this bit was truncated on my phone! I suspect this header may be important to get details through to disputes team.

Still not found any customer who gives the time actually taken to receive a refund!
    Community superstar
    Hi @Mwich
    I appreciate you've been waiting a while regarding your claim.
    Unfortunately these are taking a little longer than usual with no one size fits all.
    The length of time these claims are taking differs from case to case.
    As you've sent a private message to Tesco Bank giving your details they will rely to your message when they've checked your claim out and will provide you with an update.
    Hope this helps!!
    Warmest regards, Caz @25H
    On the look out
    I had a chargeback onto my account in August. At the end of October I had a letter from Tesco saying they had paid back part of the chargeback and debited my card. The amount they debited was incorrect by over £140 and I have been unable to get anyone to clarify their actions. Since the end of October I have been trying to get some sense out of Tesco. Call centre staff are all very polite and promise a return call. Up to know I am on my fourth promise of a return call from a manager who can sort out the problem. Let this be a salutary note don’t assume because 45 days have elapsed your chargeback has been successful and don’t expect Tesco to live up to their promise of returning a phone call. I am saddened but unfortunately my next step is to pass the whole affair onto the FOS as this has been going on since the end of March.
    Community superstar
    Hi @pennyJ
    I'm sorry to hear this.
    Please send Tesco-Bank a private message from here and see if they can help you with this.
    Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.
    Warm regards, Caz @25H
    Your Community Expert
    Hi @pennyJ, I'm really sorry to hear his. Please follow the steps that @25H has confirmed so we can take a look into this for you.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @pennyJ

I'm really sorry to hear about this.
    Please send Tesco-Bank a private message to request further assistance.

Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

Kindest Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles