Balance Transfer from my Tesco credit card account

1. I've completed a balance transfer from my Tesco CC to another CC provider ( 0% deal). The debt is showing on the other credit card, but the credit is not showing on my Tesco account. How long does it take for Tesco CC to process the incoming funds?

2. Also, the funds will now be an significant overpayment as my Tesco CC balance has been reduced by the monthly payment into the account. Am I allowed to take my Tesco CC account into significant credit by this balance transfer?
  • 1 Reply

Community superstar
    Hi @aussiedog77
    It will take up to 3 working days to show on your Tesco account.
    If the transfer puts your Tesco Credit card in a credit situation it will sit there until you either transfer the exact credit balance to your bank account which you can do when the transfer has been completed as you will need to know the exact credit balance or until you spend on your Tesco Credit card and reduce the balance.
    I was in a similar situation earlier this year when I received a substantial credit from a holiday company.
    You could send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.
    Please click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode
    You will receive a reply to your private message.

Stay safe and have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H