New car from Dealer faulty

I purchased a 2018 car from a Nissan Main dealer approx £15,000. It developed a major fault after 16 days. I have been told it will take over 6 weeks to repair as the part has to come from Japan. Which is not acceptable and I just want my money back so I can buy a car sooner and one that is more reliable. I have asked for dealer to buy The car back under consumer rights act 2015 as not fit for purpose, as described within a reasonable time. They are refusing saying the car was fine when I drove it off their forecourt and I will just have to wait for repair with an unknown eta. I am now trying to pursue under a section 75 as I paid the fort £1000 deposit on credit card. As there is a delay on S75 decisions I was just wondering what my chances are in getting my money back this way or if there is another route I should take.
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi @Lorac
    I'm sorry to hear this.
    This is quite tricky as the dealer has offered to repair the car.
    If the car has a significant fault that was present when you bought it (as opposed to developing afterwards), you can reject the car within the first 30 days and get a full refund, however you state the fault developed after 16 days.
    Under The Consumer Rights Act which lasts for 30 days you can reject the car as it is not fit for purpose.
    Pursuing under Section 75 will take more than 6 weeks currently due to the vast volumes being administered.
    Alternatively please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.
    To send a private message, click on your Avatar, click on messages, then click on 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Your Message'.
    Complete it and click 'Submit Message' to send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode
    You will receive a reply to your private message.
    Warm wishes, Caroline
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @Lorac, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the vehicle. What @25H has stated is correct but if you wish to read more about our disputes process or raise a case, then you can do so here .
    @25H thank you so much for responding here. Can I ask that you update your text about sending a private message? With the new platform, the 'send private message' button is now on the left had side under the users Avatar.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @Lorac, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the vehicle.
    Please check the Tesco Bank disputes process and if you wish to raise a case, then you may do so here .
    Kind regards,
    Chris, @CSKBrambles