Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
85180members
23972posts

Thomas Cook

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Thomas Cook

As we've outlined above, I'm afraid we have a lot of claims to get through and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience - Ainsley

Highlighted
Here to help

Ainsley please instead of eating couscous and szechwan rice can you please process our refunds

Ps: sorry Ainsley I couldn't help it
Highlighted
Pitching in

Has anyone reading this forum actually heard anything from Tesco regarding a refund, apart from the generic 'waiting for guidance' emails ?
Highlighted
Pitching in

@GhostWalker wrote:
Has anyone reading this forum actually heard anything from Tesco regarding a refund, apart from the generic 'waiting for guidance' emails ?

Nope. 

It was the 'waiting for guidance' at first. Now it's 'there's a lot of claims'.

2 questions:

1. Will the 'guidance' that Tesco Bank received on £0 September be published for us all to see?

2. Will the number of claims received by Tesco Bank be published for us all to see? There can't be many claims that still haven't been made, given all the publicity, so a number of claims received so far shouldn't be too far off the total.

Highlighted
Pitching in

That should of course be 30 September...

Highlighted
Pitching in

I’ve not heard anything other than the generic email. Find it strange that no one from Tesco Bank can confirm they have started processing claims. It’s a simple question with a straight forward answer. Either they’ve started processing claims or there’s something else going on they are unwilling to tell us.....their lack of answering this question is beginning to get me seriously worried!

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Corrie, we're working hard to process the claims and will be in touch as soon as possible. As we've received a large volume of claims, we don't have a timescale for this at the moment, I'm afraid. Sorry for any inconvenience - Chris 

Highlighted
Here to help

Hiya,
This is what we received from Tesco on Monday 30th........
So it looks like it will be ATOL doing the refunds if you are ATOL protected and banks if you're not.
Need to wait until 9th Oct for online claims forms with ATOL now......

'For ATOL protected bookings, customers are entitled to make a claim for a refund via the ATOL scheme. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has advised customers with ATOL protected bookings to make a claim directly, not with their bank. Customers can do this by following advice on the ATOL page of the CAA website.

If you have already submitted documentation to us for ATOL protected trips, please follow this guidance, as Tesco Bank will be unable to continue with your claim.

For non-ATOL protected bookings, customers are not entitled to make a claim for a refund via the ATOL scheme, and the CAA has advised these customers to contact their bank for a refund.'
Highlighted
Pitching in

The process for refunding ATOL and non-ATOL bookings hasn't changed since last week. Tesco Bank are deliberately dragging their heels, presumable hoping to weasel their way out of meeting their section 75 liability.

They continually trot out the excuse that they have a large volume of claims, but refuse to quantify how many they have or how many they have settled already (I'm assuming none).

I've been a customer of Tesco Bank for almost 20 years and I'll be closing my account with them when this matter is finally resolved due to their handling of this.

I’d suggest they start providing the customers with real answers instead of leaving it to junior staff to send out vague and meaningless replies to our questions.

Highlighted
Here to help

Ok. So I’m just off the phone to disputes team and apparently a new team is currently being trained to deal Thomas cook refunds only. This training is going to take a week then they’ll start to look at customers claims. JOKE