Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93406members
27679posts

Thomas Cook

Highlighted
Pitching in

Re: Thomas Cook

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘news’. We have yet to have anyone confirm that claims are being processed under section 75 and that is what is causing the distress and upset. You must have an idea by now how many customers are affected and the time frame for processing refunds.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

As I confirmed above, we don't have any further information for you at this time. Our Disputes team will be in touch as soon as possible. I'm afraid I can't offer anything further at the moment - Ainsley

Highlighted
Pitching in

Thanks for replying so quickly Ainsley but the fact that you have been left to reply to the Tesco bank community without having any information or answers sums up how badly Tesco bank is managing this situation. It is doing nothing to alleviate customers anxiety during what is already a stressful time.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

We understand this is an extremely stressful time for all customers affected, as you can appreciate, we have a high number of claims being processed and our Disputes team will be providing customers with an update as soon as they can. Apologies for any inconvenience caused – Clare

Highlighted
Pitching in

Hello, Can you update us with the number of section 75 refunds you have processed to date in respect of Thomas Cook payments?

Thanks

Captain

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi there, I'm sorry, I'm afraid we're unable to confirm this for you. I can assure you that our Disputes team are working through the claims as quickly as possible, and will be in touch with you directly regarding your claim – Clare

Highlighted
Pitching in

Ok, I understand if you don't know the exact figure. Can you tell me if the answer is A) Zero, or B) More than zero?

Captain

Highlighted
Pitching in

I think we’ll draw our own conclusions from the lack of response there.

The handling of this process has been utterly shambolic and the occasional vague and generic messages from low level paper shufflers is doing nothing to pacify or inform your customers. Cut the nonsense and give us proper answers, what’s going on here?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

We don't have any further information at this time, @Captain_Cutlass. We will keep our customers updated as and when we get more news, however there's nothing else that we can tell you now - Ainsley

Highlighted
Pitching in

Day 8 since I submitted my claim and still no direct contact from Tesco Bank