Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
98056members
30106posts

Thomas Cook

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Thomas Cook

Hi there, I appreciate the frustration that this situation must be causing. At the moment, the email that you have received, has the most up to date information available. When we know anything further, we will be back in touch with you again.

Highlighted
Pitching in

Hello.

I'd like to know who you are awaiting this 'guidance' from please?

As previously pointed out Section 75 claims are are a legal requirement so they shouldn't need guidance.

If I didn't know better, I'd suspect banks/credit card companies are trying desparately to find a way out of their responsibilities.

Highlighted
Here to help

I have a villa booked separately from Thomas cook flights. How long for a refund regarding Thomas cook ? If flight prices escalate beyond my budget due to delay in refund can I claim back cost of villa which was paid with Tesco credit card?
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

@pleasant, we're waiting on specific industry guidance from the likes of the CAA and other organisations. We'll receive this no later than Monday 30th September and as soon as we have further information, we'll be in touch. @annstann1, we don't have a specific timescale at the moment, this is due to us not having above mentioned guidance. I'm afraid, we're unable to guarantee refunds in relation to the villa, however, you can discuss this with the Disputes team who can clarify this for you. They can be contacted cbk@tescobank.com.  

Highlighted
Pitching in

@Tesco-Bank wrote:

@pleasant, we're waiting on specific industry guidance from the likes of the CAA and other organisations. We'll receive this no later than Monday 30th September and as soon as we have further information, we'll be in touch. @annstann1, we don't have a specific timescale at the moment, this is due to us not having above mentioned guidance. I'm afraid, we're unable to guarantee refunds in relation to the villa, however, you can discuss this with the Disputes team who can clarify this for you. They can be contacted cbk@tescobank.com.  

Well, I've read through Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and I can find no reference to the creditor (Tesco Bank) being jointly and severally liable to the debtor (those making a claim under S75) subject to any guidance being received from a trade body associated with the supplier.

I can understand waiting for guidance for non S75 claims, but not straightforward S75 claims. They have nothing to do with the CAA.

Highlighted
Little helper

I have to agree with the previous posters, guidence should be sought for non clear section 75 claims. But when, like myself, customers have purchased flights direct from Thomas Cook and have provided the relevant invoices showing its a direct purchase from Thomas Cook then why are tesco waiting for guidence?
Highlighted
Pitching in

Still no explanation from Tesco as to why they are not processing Section 75 claims now - I still cannot see what it has to do with the CAA or other banks, crack on Tesco and refund our money, we've replacement flights to book and pay for!

For info, I did read somewhere that if replacement flights cost more than the original TC ones we can claim for the extra cost.
Highlighted
Here to help

Hi
why are you still waiting for guidance from the CAA when when other banks like Barclay and nationwide have already refunded their customers without even waiting for further guidance??

I had a package holiday with travel Republic and they refunded me within one day.

I am sure you do not want your customers saying "" if you do not refund us the money we will not be be paying it back ""

Also I want to make something Clear to our community that it's not only flights booked directly with Thomas Cook should be refunded but also third party travel agents flight booking

customers who paid their flights through a third party travel agents should start a chargeback against them with Tesco Bank as this travel agents are still in business and they should provide the service they have been paid for
Highlighted
Here to help

Highlighted
Little helper

Good morning, thank you for posting the information.

Yesterday we sent two separate emails for two different booking claims with Thomas Cook. We received one email acknowledgement from yourselves, but not for the second application. Please could you confirm if we should expect a second confirmation of receipt?

Thank you.