Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
81054members
23018posts

Thomas Cook

Every Little Helps

Re: Thomas Cook

Hi, I believe there is a facility for you to claim direct debits from GoCardless according to them 

https://support.gocardless.com/hc/en-gb/articles/**sensitive info removed**69-Bacs-Chargeback-Proces...

Online Shopper

I paid for Thomas Cook flights through lastminute.com. What do you suggest that I do?

Your Community Expert

@cricketer We would suggest that follow the instructions above but it may be worth contacting Lastminute.com directly to see if they are able to provide further assistance - Joe

Here to Help

Hi, we originally paid for our thomas cook holiday in full on my tesco credit card back in March and then paid the credit card off. Due to the collapse we will be claiming through ATOL on the 30th September, they have state claims will be refunded within 2 months. As we was due to fly first weekend of November we have rebooked and once again paid for this on my tesco credit card, my question is as I haven't been refunded yet and I have had to book will I be charged interest on that amount I paid for my second money or is this covered on my credit card insurance?
Your Community Expert

@lisabirch01 Please privately message us @Tesco-Bank, with your full name, DOB and postcode, and I'll look into this for you - Joe

Sharings Caring

I have the same question as shimmer. I too submitted a claim to Tesco Bank under section 75 of the consumer credit act for lost Thomas Cook flights. I too received an email saying Tesco Bank were awaiting industry guidance. Why is there a need to wait for 'industry guidance' when a refund under section 75 is a legal requirement??

Every Little Helps

Hiya,
I absolutely mean no disrespect with this answer, but I myself made this mistake....have you checked your sent box to see if it's gone correctly?
I thought mines had gone at first, but hadn't, then I sent a test email with all my attachments to my husband first to check if I was on the right tracks. As I say, no disrespect. Hope we're all successful in getting everything back! 🙂
Sharings Caring

No response to my query and just received another email
'Alongside other banks and card issuers, we continue to await specific industry guidance on the next steps on processing your refund. We expect to receive this no later than Monday 30th September.' Again the question - why?
Every Little Helps

Hi to everybody as we all know Barclaycard and Nationwide has already refunded their customers however Tesco bank are delaying the refund although it is clear that under section 75 we are all entitled to a refund as we have not received or we will not be receiving any service.
So please Tesco bank we all got holidays and flights to rebook send us the refund
Every Little Helps

Hi. I have received another update email to say that claims are not moving forward as tesco bank is awaiting further guidance. What guidance? Can anyone explain?? Anxious to know that our claim us progressing.