Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
81054members
23018posts

Thomas Cook

Every Little Helps

Re: Thomas Cook

Whilst I feel very sorry for the staff and holiday makers, there has not been much said regarding Thomas Cook Sport Packages.

As these are expensive and can cost as much as a holiday, could you update me as to what’s happening with refunds for these as I have two separate packages booked. Thank you.

JL3
Here to Help

We have our flights on our current credit card statement. Payment due by 9th October. If we don't pay this due to waiting for the refund from you (section 75 sent a week ago) will we get charged interest? Paid the rest of the bill not flight amount.
Your Community Expert

Hi @YNWA, these will be reviewed by our team like any other section 75 claim - Ross

Your Community Expert

Hi @JL3, you should use your account as normal and make any payments as requested on your statement.

JL3
Here to Help

So we will get charged interest then
Your Community Expert

Yes that would be correct @JL3, until the claim is resolved then the accounts will run as normal.

Sharings Caring

@annstann1 wrote:

Ok. So I’m just off the phone to disputes team and apparently a new team is currently being trained to deal Thomas cook refunds only. This training is going to take a week then they’ll start to look at customers claims. JOKE

Oh, you are kidding me!

Why does it take a week to 'train' someone to settle a Section 75 claim? There's only 4 things for them to look at.

1. Name

2. Post code

3. Invoice

4. Last 4 digits of credit card

The whole process should take 5 minutes maximum from picking up the claim to processing the refund and emailing the customer. By my reckoning, one person could have settled over 500 claims by now!

It's ridiculous!

Every Little Helps

In a similar boat to everyone else here.

Submitted all my paperwork on Monday 23rd but other than the automated replies, I've heard nothing back.

Had to book new flights for our summer 2020 holiday at the weekend, as I was worried either (a) the prices would go up or (b) the longer we left it, we might not have been able to even get suitable flights. Looking at the replies, if the refunds aren't processed quickly, I'll now be stuck paying interest on the new flights, despite the fact that I paid the original ones off instantly.

As this community seems to be the only place that any updates at all are being provided, I guess I'll have to get used to checking it daily and hoping that someone confirms the refunds have started being processed.

Ian

Sharings Caring

Day 9 no direct contact from Tesco re my claim and no official generic update to every claimant telling us what is going on or how long we may have to wait.
Your Community Expert

Hi there, if you’ve logged a claim which is ATOL protected, we've just received an update which advises that customers need to log their claim with the Civil Aviation Authority, and we can't process these claims. If your claim is not ATOL protected, then no further action is required, and we will be in touch when your claim is processed. I'm afraid, due to the large number of claims we have received, we do not have a timescale for this at the moment. Hope this helps - Nigel