Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
75250members
21622posts

Thomas Cook

Highlighted
Every Little Helps

Re: Thomas Cook

Incredible. Of course they will know how many claims they can get through each day by now. Surely it cannot take more than a minute or two to check flight qualifies and not ATOL then look at statement and refund. My tickets clearly stated my flights were not ATOL protected so not really difficult.
Here to Help

This is unacceptable, I have had no update as to when i will get my claim processed. Also i have tried to send a private message to you and it tells me i have run out of messages for the day and i have only just registered and not sent any yet!!!!. I use my Tesco credit card widely every month and i am thinking of moving to a different provider as this is not acceptable service

Your Community Expert

Hi @vengland599, I'm afraid we can't give an update on when claims will be processed. However I can assure you this will be as soon as possible. You should also now be able to send private messages after verifying your email address. 

Here to Help

H, I too am one of many who is anxiously waiting for my payment. I sent my details on the 23rd of Sept and other than a couple of acknowledgement emails am no wiser as to when I will get refunded. 

My query is that I am due to pay my cc bill on the 22/10 and I'm in a dilemma as to whether I should pay off the balance in case this effects the claim or just the minimal payment which will incur interest. I want to rebook my flights but don't want 2 large payments to be on my credit card. Is there anyway of getting an update please or advice?

Thanks, Andy

Your Community Expert

Hi Andy, thanks for your message. Paying your balance in full won't affect your claim, so this is the best thing to do to avoid paying interest. The majority of our claims were received on 23rd September which means we'll be working through them for some time, and can't provide a timescale at this point I'm afraid. I'm sorry I can't give you more of an update, we will update this thread with any news that we have over the coming weeks - Jade

Here to Help

Hi Jade,

If I pay the balance in full will the funds go back into my bank payment method or a credit on my card? 

Thanks, Andy

Your Community Expert

The refund will go back on to your credit card but if this causes you to be in credit, we can then arrange for it to be returned to your bank :) You'll just need to let us know if that's the case - Jade

Here to Help

I booked flights with TC to Egypt and have now had to book a different holiday as didn’t want to let me kids down, this was placed on the basis my original TC flight costs would be refunded asap. I know lots of other people who were due to travel with TC who paid with different card providers and all have now received refunds. I sent all my invoices and details to you at the email address specified at 6am on the morning of the crash but still I have heard absolutely nothing? I know you must be extremely busy but you surely must have some idea as to timescales involved and I now have no credit limit left on my card as my new holiday has taken that up awaiting the refund! You must surely appreciate this is quite worrying. I always pay my balance in full and do not want to incur interest as I won’t be able to do this on this occasion through no fault of my own, please can you advise the latest you expect all customers to have received a refund?
Every Little Helps

That's certainly one of the things that I have noticed. Tesco are trying to hide behind the fact that the size of the task following the failure of Thomas Cook is 'unprecedented', yet every other bank have been agile enough to deal with claims efficiently and quickly. Tesco Bank have fallen apart like a wet cake and almost three weeks down the line they still don't have a clue what's going on. 

Your Community Expert

Hi @zoecharrison, sorry to hear about this. Can you please send over a private message to Tesco-Bank? I'll then be able to look into this for you - Kelly