Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
75250members
21622posts

Thomas Cook

Every Little Helps

Re: Thomas Cook

Are you able to provide an update on how many claims have been dealt with? If not, why not? 

Thanks

Your Community Expert

We don't have this information and we wouldn't be able to disclose this here. We'll pass your comments on to the relevant team for consideration – Keigan  

Here to Help

This is very disappointing and frustrating. I have rang twice, sent two messages via Facebook following my claim being submitted at 7.16am on 23rd September. These flights are for my wedding next year and I cannot rebook them until I receive the money back.
Here to Help

FYI, I was told by Tesco Bank today that claims were being batch processed by their dedicated team and that they had over thousands of claims on 23rd September. So I assume from this that perhaps teams are working through similar timed batches of claims simultaneously (getting through all of 23/09 claims first) hence some folk are recovering their money before others who claimed earlier in the day? Maybe someone can confirm this?
Understand this is still a bit vague but at least the advisor gave something that wasn't the generic email response.
I've been trying to be patient with Tesco Bank but I'm now concerned that someone has noted their claim has been rejected. I would really like to know what is happening with my own claim, the generic responses are of no comfort. Tesco, can you please do something about this.
Your Community Expert

Hi, thanks for your message. You're right, each member of the team will be allocated a certain amount of claims to work through at one time. We couldn't put a time on how long it takes to process one claim as everyone is different, but they are being allocated and worked in chronological order. I appreciate it may be frustrating or stressful waiting to hear back, but we are working as fast as we can. Please be assured we will provide an update as soon as we have one - Jade

Here to Help

I too emailed my claim on Monday 23rd September for a refund for flights purchased back in March but have so far only received generic answers. My latest statement has just been produced and includes replacement flights which I used my Tesco credit card to purchase, also on the 23rd September.  I would therefore greatly appreciate a refund of the original flight monies before my direct debit is due on the 22nd of this month as I assume this will reduce my bill ?

Your Community Expert

Hi @9Tess9, sorry to hear about this. Can you please send over a private message to Tesco-Bank? I'll then be able to look into this for you - Kelly

Every Little Helps

I appreciate that nobody at Tesco Bank has a clue what is going on, but are you able to indicate if claims will be dealt with in a matter of days, weeks, months, or years?

Thanks

Your Community Expert

Hi @Captain_Cutlass, the collapse of Thomas Cook remains unprecedented with regards to the number of people affected, and the majority of claims were submitted on 23 September. We are processing claims as quickly as we can, but at this moment we can't provide a timescale I'm afraid – Kelly

Highlighted
Every Little Helps

Are you seriously suggesting that in the 17 (Seventeen) days that have passed since the unprecedented collapse of Thomas Cook, Tesco Bank are still unable to quantify the size of the job and provide a vague estimate to its loyal customers on when their claims will be dealt with?

I simply don’t believe that can be true. If it is true, it provides an alarming insight into the state of your operations.