Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95531members
28858posts

Online banking update

Highlighted
Safe hands

Online banking update

We would like to apologise to our current account, savings and loans customers who have been unable to access their account online or on our mobile banking app today. Online banking will continue to be unavailable for these customers until tomorrow morning. In the meantime any customer wanting to access their account can do so by calling us on:

• 0345 835 3353 for Current Accounts
  • 0345 678 5678 for Savings
  • 0345 600 6016 for Loans

Credit Card customers can continue to access their account online, via our banking app or by calling us as normal.  

Thank you for your patience.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Little helper

Re: Online banking update

I have received this error this afternoon.  What is happening please?

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: **sensitive info removed**502

Highlighted
Little helper

I can't access my credit card account on-line, despite what your annoucement says.  

Highlighted
Window shopper

I am also unable to log into my credit card banking.  I can log in via the app but it does not have the function to transfer credit to a current account outiwith Tesco bank (or does it?).

Any idea when the requested URL error will be fixed?

Cheers

Highlighted
Little helper

Tesco Bank has finally posted this message on-line:

"Due to planned maintenance, Online Banking is currently unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Please check back later."

However the site went down at least an hour before the excuse was posted which suggest that the outage was not 'planned'.  It seems that they had a similar problem last week.    

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @stuart12a,I’m sorry you were unable to access your Online Banking yesterday. The website was down for a short period of time, and as you noticed, this was an unplanned outage. I apologise the message that was on the website indicated it was planned - this was a mistake and has been fed back. 

Highlighted
Little helper

It seems this planned maintenance is any night of the week. More than one night and they rarely ever warn me. It has become impossible to do my online banking, unless during the day. And I am far too busy to do it then. I don't think it is unreasonable for all banks to refrain from doing maintenance until 2 am. This issue seems to have been going on for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I have already put in a complaint, which has not been replied to, except we aim to reply in 10 working days. Yet over a week, later this issue remains. I need reliable online banking, so I will be looking to switch my accounts. As it is we have been kicked in the teeth with the announcement they are completely stopping all the current account interest and the saving account rates have severely fallen. I have tried to overlook that. But their unreliable online banking is a step too far.

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @colditztom 

Interest rates have fallen everywhere so its no exception that Tesco have followed the other financial institutions.

As for online banking I am in total agreement. I have been on other online banking sites which have been down with no prior warning and I have found it increasingly annoying when I've been unable to do my online banking.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H