Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95105members
28660posts

Message for Current Account customers

Highlighted
Little helper

Re: Message for Current Account customers

I've just tried to login to check my account, but it looks like online banking is now completely down..... i've checked via the mobile app, and by browser.... is there any more comms going out about this?

Highlighted
Here to help

Just to say that Tesco Bank now seems to have restored our available funds, so that's a relief. Let's hope it stays that way, but thanks to the staff there at Tesco Bank who must be having a nightmare of a Monday.

Highlighted
Little helper

i have a savings account with Tesco. I cannot log into my account online there - it says there is a systems error error number 042. Is the money still there?

Highlighted
Little helper

Why is your CEO telling people on the Tesco Bank web site that people can use their debit cards as normal when they obviously cannot. No-one but no-one seems to be helping.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @deadplant, you should still be able to log-in to view and manage your account online. Can you try and get on again and let us know how you get on? 

Highlighted
Employee

@llanlis I'm sorry for any worry this has caused but please don't be concerned, savings accounts have not been impacted by this issue. You should still be able to log-in. The 042 error is related to a forgotten username normally so if you could try going through that option on the site and let us know how you get on that would be great.

Highlighted
Employee

Sorry you're having trouble using your card @sstorer. If you message @Anonymous with your full name, DOB, postcode and mobile number we can take a look into this for you.

Highlighted
Little helper

What personal details have hackers obtained?

We know that debit card details were stolen but were any personal details also taken?

Given that both myself and my daughter received the suspicious activity text message for cards which arrived in sealed envelopes and have NEVER BEEN USED there is no doubt that Tesco security is sadly lacking.

Hopefully we will be told the full story and Tesco will be honest enough to admit their failings and also reveal if other details were also taken.

Highlighted
Little helper

Brilliant! My available and current balances are now the same, as they should be. Thank you for correcting this so quickly.

BUT.

Please can we be told what happened, and what will be happening. E.g. what data has been stolen, how could it be stolen, who stole it, what gain did the fraudsters make, have they been arrested, will the cards be replaced, do we need to change online login information, what measures are in place to prevent this from ever happening again, when will I get the promised call from your fraud department?

Highlighted
Pitching in

Hi my card has been declined and I can't withdraw money at the ATM. Will I need a new card?