Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95104members
28659posts

Message for Current Account customers

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Re: Message for Current Account customers

When I received the text I assumed it was a hoax as it contained a spelling mistake.  Or is there such a thing as telephony banking?

@EmmaW wrote:

Tesco Bank can confirm that, over the weekend, some of its customers’ current accounts have been subject to online criminal activity, in some cases resulting in money being withdrawn fraudulently.

We apologise for the worry and inconvenience that this has caused for customers, and can only stress that we are taking every step to protect our customers’ accounts. That is why, as a precautionary measure, we have taken the decision today to temporarily stop online transactions from current accounts. This will only affect current account customers. While online transactions will not be available, current account customers will still be able to use their cards for cash withdrawals, chip and pin payments, and all existing bill payments and direct debits will continue as normal. We are working hard to resume normal service on current accounts as soon as possible.

We continue to work with the authorities and regulators to address the fraud and will keep our customers informed through regular updates on our website, twitter and direct communication.

We can reassure customers that any financial loss as a result of this activity will be resolved fully by Tesco Bank, and we are working to refund accounts that have been subject to fraud as soon as possible.

Benny Higgins
Chief Executive

Highlighted
Little helper

Thanks AdamF but I have now been able to log in.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @lisagav69, I'm really sorry that you've been unable to use the card this morning and you've been left with so little available cash. We're aiming to resolve this for our customers as soon as we can.
Can you please send me a Private Message including your full name, DOB, postcode and mob number with a space between each character? This will let me check this further for you.

Highlighted
Employee

@debbiec if you've not noticed any funds going missing from your account then please continue to monitor your account over the next 7 - 10 days and if you do notice anything please get in touch. Otherwise you don't need to confirm anything.

Highlighted
Little helper

Come get your act together. Yesterday i was told that i would be able to continue with electronic banking, not be able to use atm or in store debit card. Now I have recieved info saying you cant use internet banking and instore debit card transactions but can use atms. Why am I able to use internet banking via the app but now ive gone to an ATM it states contact your bank.

Rung Tesco just now and the guy kept going round in circles and said not sure why but should get a new card yet not recieved any communication stating i will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Here to help

I posted a question earlier, but it wasn't answered.

In our case there is a substantial difference between the Balance on one hand and the Available Balance on the other. The difference doesn't represent any transactions we have made and is, I reiterate, substantial. My question was / is, do I get in touch or can we assume that Tesco Bank is aware of the fraud affecting our account specifically?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Little helper

Allow people to get cash out from ALL Tescos

As an interim, why not allow people to get cash out from ALL Tescos including Tesco Express, Standard Tesco Stores and Tesco Extra. Unfortuanetly we dont all live anywhere near Tesco Extras !!!

If we take 2 forms of ID and our Debit Card?

Highlighted
Employee

@Pteropus I sent you a reply earlier on but you may have lost this amongst the thread. 
If there is a substantial difference between your current and available balance it is possible that your account has been affected by this incident. If you please send me a message with the details requested from other posts then I can arrange for a member of our team to get in touch with you to discuss this further. 

Highlighted
Employee

@pflatt - this could very well be the case and I am sorry if so. If you suspect that there has been fraudulent transactions on your account please send me a message with the details requested from other posts so that I can check this for you. 

Highlighted
Window shopper

You say I can still logon to my online account, but I can't! The call back rings my number but gives no verification code and times out after 30 seconds. How can I get online to check my account?