Message for Current Account customers

Employee
    A statement from Benny Higgins, Chief Executive, Tesco Bank.

Full service has resumed for our customers

We can confirm that normal service has resumed at Tesco Bank following the temporary suspension of online transactions from current accounts.

Our first priority throughout this incident has been protecting and looking after our customers.

We’ve now refunded all customer accounts affected by fraud and lifted the suspension of online debit transactions so that customers can use their accounts as normal. We’re also keen to reassure our customers that none of their personal data has been compromised.

Around 9,000 customers were affected by these fraudulent transactions and all customers affected have been fully reimbursed. We are continuing to work closely with the authorities and regulators in their criminal investigation of this incident.

I’d like to thank our customers for their patience during this time, and to apologise for the worry and inconvenience this issue has caused.
  • 169 Replies

wrote:
    we have taken the decision today to temporarily stop online transactions from current accounts. This will only affect current account customers. While online transactions will not be available, current account customers will still be able to use their cards for cash withdrawals, chip and pin payments, and all existing bill payments and direct debits will continue as normal., does the section I have quoted above refer to online card payments to retailers, or to Faster Payments I want to make from my account online, or both? Thanks
    Thank you - does this explain why the "Available Credit" on my current account is significantly smaller than my credit balance? I have searched and pending payments, standing orders and direct debits do not account for the size of the difference
    Employee
    Hi , this refers to online payments to retailers. You should be able to make a Faster Payment as normal from your account by logging into online banking.

Thanks,
    Emma
    Thank you. One more question if I may... Yesterday morning when I called (as you asked me to), the advisor I spoke to was unable to help. I think she had been drafted in from somewhere else to help answer the thousands of phone calls. So all she could do was take my details and promise someone would call back. Does Tesco Bank intend to honour this promise and call back all the affected customers? If so how long will this take? I appreciate it may be a few days due to the volumes. And if the caller-back misses me will I stay on the list for them to keep trying, or have I missed my chance? If not, is there a way to speak to someone at Tesco that won't involve running up another £45 of call charges?!
    We have checked our accounts and don't have any suspicious activity on them. Do we need to do anything further, do we need to phone tescos bank or just wait until the risk is over. We don't need to withdraw any money or make any online transactions.
    Good morningDo we need to report missing funds this morning, or can we assume that Tesco Bank will be able to identify all accounts that have been targeted. Our available balance has fallen by several thousand since yesterday.Thanks
    I received a text last night asking me to check transactions on my account as my account had been targetted but I cannot login this morning to check the account. When will the account be accessible so that I can check the transactions?
    I have also received a text about the fraud issues. I have not had any unusual transactions however I am unable to use my card at an ATM as the texts says I should be able to. I couldn't use it last night online and I haven't yet tried to use chip and pin.
    Employee
    I tried to get cash out of my account this morning but it said it was refused however all the communications say you can still use ATMs - can someone advise what to do here as I have switched and this is my only account??