Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93058members
27481posts

Message for Current Account customers

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Message for Current Account customers

@Preacher You should be able to access your account just now - the only aspects which will not function are online transactions to retailers or contactless payments. If you're not able to use the account at all then please send a Private Message to me with your full name, DOB and postcode (inc a space between each character for the last 2) so I can look into this further.

Highlighted
Just looking

I have received various texts to say that my current account has been affected by the current fraud problem. Do I have to reconfirm this by phone? Or assume that things will get sorted. It seems that lots of people can't get through by phone.

Highlighted
Employee

@nikkiboon14 & @NoviceAngel

I'm sorry that you have both been affected by this issue and have had such considerable sums taken from your accounts.
I'm sure you'll have saw from the post but please send me a Private Message with your full name, DOB, postcode and mob number so we can try and arrange a call back for you. Please remember to include a space between each character for your DOB, postcode and number; thanks.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @Cate85

You should still be able to make payments out of your account online if it is to another account but if this is for a purchase or to a retailer this will be blocked. Have you tried to use your card at an ATM or for a chip and PIN transaction yet? 
I'm really sorry for the missing funds and that we don't currently have an exact timescale for this but if you could please send a Private Message inc. your full name, DOB, postcode and mob number we can double check this for you - please keep a space between each character for the last 3. 

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @Louise1703,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the card even for cash withdrawals and chip and PIN transactions - this should not be the case and I can understand the concern caused by this. Can you please send me a message with the details requested from other posts ensuring to put a space between each character for your DOB, postcode and mob number. Thanks 

Highlighted
Employee

Yes @GJ you should still be able to use the telephone banking service and online banking. 

Highlighted
Here to help

Thank you, but I tried online about 30 minutes ago and my usual password was rejected.

Highlighted
Employee

@debbiec You don't have to call in if you've received this text - this has been sent to all of our Current Account customers and we would ask you to please continue monitoring your account for any suspicious activity and if you notice anything to call us. 

Hopefully you're not affected by this.

Highlighted
Here to help

Same issues here, been told by txt we can use ATM and chip & pin but both failed this morning. We've got £20 cash for a family of 3 and pets for food/essentials/petrol/school lunch....how long are we expected to go with no access to money?
You have had our details and. Even promised a call back yesterday morning and still waiting. Awful customer service. I understand the need to block accounts but you are giving us no information. The only information coming to use is False!
Highlighted
Just looking

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I work for the Daily Mail and am trying to find people who have been affected by the hack for an article I am writing. Would you be willing to speak to me? Please email me at kate.picklesdm@dailymail.co.uk if you are. Many thanks.