Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95305members
28769posts

Loan & Credit Card application timescales

Highlighted
Community Manager

Loan & Credit Card application timescales

We always try to give an instant decision when making an application online, but sometimes it may need to be referred for further consideration. 

It is currently taking 5 - 6 days for us to let you know our decision on referrals, due to the volume of applications. We are working hard to make these decisions quicker and thank you for your patience. 

Loans 

If you've been approved immediately, we will either ask you to sign digitally or send some paperwork for you to check and sign. This will be received within 3 - 4 days of the application being made. Once received, we will use Faster Payments to send the money directly to your bank account, usually within 48 hours. 

If your application is referred, we do not send an acknowledgement. We will let you know as soon as a decision has been made or if we require any supporting information. For more information, please see our existing FAQ How long will it take to get my loan?

Credit Cards

If your application was approved automatically, we’ll send you a text within 2 days to let you know that we’re sending your card. If your application has been referred and we require more information, we’ll be in touch within 5 – 6 days to let you know what we need.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Just looking

Re: Loan & Credit Card application timescales

Hi my wife and I made a joint application for a loan last Saturday received paperwork 2 days later posted documents on Wednesday bearing in mind we've been approved with the loan it's now Monday and we have not received funds into account I understand coronavirus will have impact with staff but this is still very poor from Tesco
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Timbo060914, sorry to hear that. Can you please send over a private message to Tesco-Bank? I'll then be able to take a closer look.

Highlighted
Just looking

Hi do I private message Tesco bank
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Please search for 'Tesco-Bank' under users and then click send message on the profile page.

Highlighted
Little helper

Just made an application, to just get the message that Tescobank.com is currently unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Has the application gone through? Or will I need to do it all again? Dont want it to look like I've applied for 2 loans!

Highlighted
Safe hands

I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out and see if your loan application has gone ahead. They will come back too you with an appropriate response.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
Hope this helps, warm wishes, @25H 
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @helenjames9, sorry to hear this! I've just replied to your private message, if you can please double check that I will be able to help with this.

Highlighted
Little helper

All sorted, I called customer support this morning. Thank you
Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @helenjames9 

I see @ChristinaG has now replied to your private message.

Please check this out so she can assist you with it.

Warm wishes, @25H