Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on our Current Account Guarantee

Highlighted
Employee

Information on our Current Account Guarantee

Our Current Account Guarantee

The Tesco Bank Current Account Guarantee was launched to give our existing current account customers certainty on the level of interest their accounts will earn, as well as even more Clubcard points when they shop at Tesco.

In the last week, the feedback from existing customers has been brilliant, and we are also delighted by the unprecedented demand from new customers applying to take out accounts with us. 

In order to best serve our existing customers, we have today decided to pause accepting new applications for the time being, to allow us to process the backlog of applications this demand has created. In the coming weeks, we will let customer know when they can apply again for the Tesco Bank Current Account.

1. Why has Tesco Bank paused applications for its current account?

We have had an extraordinary response to our Current Account Guarantee, which has led to an exceptional number of new applications. As a temporary result of this demand, and due to our commitment to best serve our existing customers, we have made the decision to pause accepting new applications for our current account.

1. What does this mean for existing current account customers, and customers who have recently applied?

Existing customers, and those who have applied for an account up until this point, are unaffected by this decision and will benefit for the guaranteed 3% interest until 2019 and the increased Clubcard point on spend in store from 1st April 2017.  Every customer who has applied for an account up until 03:00 on 11th February 2017 will have their application processed and we will be in touch with customers in due course to confirm if they have been accepted and when they can start using their account. Further information and answers to questions can be found on our website at http://www.tescobank.com/current-accounts/

17 REPLIES
New to this

Re: Information on our Current Account Guarantee

I have a credit card with you and am interested in opening a current account with you. Please will you advise when you are considering new accounts.
New to this

Would like to be informed as to when i gan put application in

Just Getting Started

I heard of the new A/C yesterday and immediately looked on line, but the site I acessed said that £750.00 had to be deposited every month. Today my daughter gave me the correct link which said that applications were suspended. I have just spent 2 hours perusing the site to see if I could be informed when the offer wil be re-opened ,only to find that I could have applied until 3 o,clock; just my luck, it's now 4.20. I and my Husband have Tesco credit cards but please can we be informed as soon as we may open our 3% current account/s

Just Getting Started

I have a Tesco credit card. Please let me know when I canopen a 3% current A/C

New to this

chris1 just registered please let me know by e mail when I can open a new current account

Your Community Expert

Thanks for your interest in our current accounts. We will let you know when accounts are available again through our website, social media and Community

Frequent Browser

Please email me when the Tesco Bank account reopens for nnew applicants

Occasional Browser

Please could you add me to the list of new customers who are interested in opening a current account. Can you advise when (if) this is likely and will it be on the same terms. Many thanks in advance.

Occasional Browser

Interested in opening Current Account. Please let me know by email when can I open a new current account.