Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Monarch Airlines

Your Community Expert

Help with Monarch Airlines

Credit and debit card customers who have booked flights with Monarch from 15th December 2016 onwards can file a claim for a refund. Please send a copy of your invoice and booking details to disputes@tescobank.com including your full name and postcode in the subject line and we will progress your claim as soon as possible.

Customers who booked on or before 14th December 2016 will need to claim directly with ATOL or the CAA.

We will be contacting all customers individually to provide an update on their claim in the coming days.

11 REPLIES
Just Getting Started

Re: Help with Monarch Airlines

I understand that if payment was made by credit card, as long as each flight cost more than £100, customers are entitled to a refund under Section 75 of the CCA?
Your Community Expert

If you hold an ATOL certificate for your holiday, we're unable to complete a successful Section 75 claim. If there's any issue with the ATOL claim though, you can always get in touch with us. 

Community Manager

@Meg73 - would you mind accepting Ross's solution please so that it can be stored for other customers?

Thanks - Sarah

Just Getting Started

I booked flights only, so not ATOL protected. In my original message I was referring to the fact that the advice given mentions applying for a refund via Chargeback (which isn’t guaranteed) not Section 75 which gives a legal right to a refund as long as the criteria is met.
Highlighted
Frequent Browser

I have an ATOL certificate for the holiday I have just finished, I paid with credit card, then had to pay the hotel again as Monarch didnt pay the hotel, is there an issue with my refund application?

Just Getting Started

has anyone at all had any sort of an answer from Monarch apart from the standard " we are busy and will get back to you sometime in the future if you are lucky"?

Just Getting Started

I had a holiday booked with Monarch Holidays and have a ATOL Certificate. ScottW’s comment below states that Tesco is unable to complete a successful Section 75 claim. That contradicts what the CAA are saying, they say claim through your credit card company. I am currently £1200 out of pocket, have sent a claim to Tesco, via Royal Mail, with all relevant paperwork but have heard nothing. I spoke to Tesco Bank and was told that there was no record of my claim being received so I had to send the paperwork again to their dedicated email address. This was duly done and I asked for a delivery receipt which I have had but so far no read receipt. As I have said I am currently £1200 out of pocket so can Tesco tell me what on earth is going on.

Just Getting Started

I’ve sent two lots of paperwork to back up my claim but to date I have not even received any communication from Tesco to say that they are dealing with my claim 

Your Community Expert

Hi @Ezza sorry to hear that. Did you receive an automated response from us after you'd sent your email? If you haven't received this then it's most likely that we haven't received your email.