Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
69488members
20202posts

Data breach at online retailer could affect Tesco Bank customers

Highlighted
Community Manager

Data breach at online retailer could affect Tesco Bank customers

Earlier this week we were notified that the credit card details of a number of customers, including some Tesco Bank customers, could have been compromised as a result of a data breach at an online retailer.

The Card Scheme has not confirmed who the online retailer is, however as a precautionary measure we have blocked some Tesco Bank credit cards and are contacting our affected customers via text message and sending replacement cards. This means that affected customers will not be able to use their card until the replacement arrives. These should arrive by next weekend.

We are sorry for the inconvenience we know this causes, however we want to do everything we can to protect our customers from fraud. If you think you have been the victim of fraud, please contact us immediately.

16 REPLIES 16
Frequent Browser

Re: Data breach at online retailer could affect Tesco Bank customers

Received text message saying Credit Cards cancelled. Tried calling - no joy. Daughter getting married in two weeks. This is a very big inconvenience. 

Your Community Expert

Hi @Honey11

We've sent you a private message regarding this :) 

Occasional Browser

my card has been canceled  - do i neeed to change any online passwords ? if so what ones ?

Employee

Hi @rfw1

There won't be any need to have your Online Banking passwords updated, however, if this is something you would like to do as a precaution please contact our Online Helpdesk on 0345 300 3511. They're available 24/7 and will be able to reset your security if you wish to do so. 

New to this

I am affected by this and am awaiting delivery of my new card.

I am the main cardholder but my partner has a second card for the same account.

Will he also receive a new card when mine is sent?

Just Getting Started

I am abroad at the moment and my card was "aborted" in a Tesco Store in Ireland. I have not received any text or email from Tesco, so will the new cards arrive despite this? Or should I contact Tesco now? 

Your Community Expert

Hi@barbaral

Yes if you've been affected then your additional cardholder's card would also be cancelled and a new one will be sent out.

Your Community Expert

Hi @Predikuesi

If you didn't receive a text message then there may be another reason your card was declined. It would be best to call our Customer Service Team and they can have a look at this for you. If you're contacting us from the Republic of Ireland then please call 1800 555 743 or if calling from overseas the number is +441268 508 027. Thanks

Just Getting Started

Thank you for your reply. This helped me loads and we sorted it out with an advisor.