Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contactless and Apple Pay

Your Community Expert

Re: Contactless and Apple Pay

We are working to introduce Apple Pay for debit cards, but unfortunately this isn’t now going to take place until next year. By the volume of comments and discussion I appreciate that this will be disappointing news but I will continue to keep you updated here in the Community. As soon as we are able to confirm a launch date, then I will let you know.

Occasional Poster

That is very disappointing to hear. I've decided that an account with an alternative bank is now the better choice than waiting. 

New to this

How about using this great new Curve Card instead. You can associate it with any of your existing cards and it's contactless. So if you map your Tesco Credit Card to it you instantly get a contactless card. You can change which card it's associated with using an app on your phone, so you only need to carry the one card and it can be anything you want it to be.

Get £5 free when you sign up using the code 0I68Y at https://www.imaginecurve.com

Keen Poster

I too have given up waiting for Apple Pay on Current Accounts and have opened a new account with Nationwide.

Super Poster

Good afternoon Tesco Bank,

I fully appreciate it's been asked several times by other members of Your Community but do you have any form of update in relation to Apple Pay and Visa Debit cards?

Thank you.

Your Community Expert

Hi @chaddman30, I'm afraid I still don't have a confirmed date for Apple Pay on our current account product. However, I will let the members of our community know as soon as I have any update for you.

Ross 

Highlighted
Super Poster

Thanks Ross.

Like using Apple Pay/PayQwiq with my Tesco Bank MasterCard so look forward to being able to use those services with my Tesco Bank Visa Debit card too.

Your Community Expert

Hi everyone! We just wanted to give you an update on where we are right now with Apple Pay and current accounts. 

You'll all be happy to know that we’re working on it! Our debit cards are Visa, so we need to put in place different technology for current accounts to support Apple Pay. We can’t commit to a specific date yet, but rest assured we want to make banking easier for you, and we will let you know here soon in Community once the plans are more final.

I hope that helps, and we can't wait to get you all set up on your iPhones and Apple Watches (or am I the only person still using one?!)