Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95593members
28884posts

COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

Hi @benhale8, we can arrange for your credit balance to be refunded but we will need to speak with you to process this. I'm afraid we can't sort this here, as we're for more general information. It would be best to give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (available Mon - Sun: 8am - 7:30pm) and my colleagues will be happy to help.

Please bear in mind that when we process this type of refund sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed as we'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days. I hope this helps! - Thomas

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Stanadi @DeanRichiee @ailuj, this is a legitimate email from Tesco Bank.

Cancelling your direct debit will not have an impact on your credit rating during this period. I hope this helps clarify things for you - Thomas

Highlighted
Little helper

Hi,

I am still little bit concerned about canceling my direct debit as a lot of information online stating that this will impact credit rating/file. Is there any way I can get that done from bank side or request a confirmation email?

Many thanks
Highlighted
Here to help

Applied for the 2 month credit card deferral and received THIS acknowledgement on the 25th March

"for Banking customers impacted by Covid-19, there will be no fees, charges or interest"

After reading the latest information i discovered interest WILL be charged

So i  sent the same form off today 30th March  to cancel the deferment and received THIS acknowledgment 

"for Banking customers impacted by Covid-19, there will be no fees for missed payments"

I have now cancelled the deferment after a long wait on the  telephone, i  would like to ask Tesco why this misleading response  has been sent to me, would i have been charged interest after receiving the first acknowledgement and how does charging interest actually help - all it does is encourages deeper debt 

Highlighted
Here to help

The acknowledgement i received after submitting the pdf request said and i quote 

for Banking customers impacted by Covid-19, there will be no fees, charges or interest

so how does that work ?

Highlighted
Here to help

received the same email

i just contacted tesco by phone and cancelled my deferral request - initially they weren't charging interest now they are 

Highlighted
Little helper

I want to pay my credit card

Highlighted
Safe hands

Good evening Wheaty47,

I'm guessing you want to pay your credit card balance.

Do you do online banking with the credit card? If so, you could pay your balance by logging in and making a single debit card payment from your bank account for the full or part balance thats on your credit card.

If this is not possible you could telephone either number on the reverse of your credit card, either the 0345 number or the overseas number, but if you call the overseas number remove the 44 at the start of the number & replace it with 0.

Highlighted
Here to help

no response

Your Community Expert

--------------     can i have a response to brianp9 ?
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: no response

Hi @brianp9, our response to the current situation is/has developed to support the needs of those whose income has been affected by COVID-19 to the best of our ability. If you have been directly impacted, we will provide a two month payment holiday. However, interest, unless on a 0% rate, will continue as normal. I'm sorry if the development of our response has caused you any confusion or worry