Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
98145members
30166posts

COVID-19 (coronavirus) information - Online Banking and Mobile App

Highlighted
Here to help

Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus) information - Online Banking and Mobile App

Honestly can not tell you how much relief your email and post has gave me today!

I cried so much more than I should of I guess but honestly the relief of knowing that the credit cards are not going to have the late fee's or interest and you dont even have to try get through on the phone to have to try and explain to someone if just amazing.

Thank you Tesco for something so small has meant so much in such a bad situation, honestly can not thank you enough. It's nice to know that you are there to help in time of genuine need.

Highlighted
Little helper

Hi there 

In the statement you say;

'Delaying payments for credit card and loan customers - there's no need to call us unless you are in immediate financial difficulty.'

It's not clear how we delay payments. I am not in financial difficulty at the moment but due to two people who contribute to my household being on zero hours contracts I am concerned I am going to be unable to meet a number of payments in the coming months. Is it possible to look at payment holidays? And if so how do we go about it? I imagine all banks and credit card companies are going to be inundated.

Nixjs

Highlighted
Little helper

I phoned this morning about freezing my loan payments for 3 months any update my a/c is **sensitive info removed**
Highlighted
Little helper

Hi can Tesco confirm if they will allow loan customers a repayment break or deferment without penalty to see them through the Covid 19 period if they are having reduced incomes or financial difficulty.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @zlouise86, I'm sorry to hear about you're situation and we'll be doing all we can to help you during this time. We've now added a link to the post above which contains a form you can fill out and send to the email address provided to request a payment break if you need this. I hope this helps!

I hope this also answers your queries @nixjs@Queen@Az2!

Highlighted
Little helper

It really does help and answer my question

Thank you so much 

Keep well and safe

Niki 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

I'm glad to hear this @nixjs! If you need anything else, please get back in touch.

Highlighted
Here to help

@ThomasC 

I have signed in today to look at min statement and see what I can pay, I have noticed I have been charge for a late payment fee, I thought Tesco was not going to do this to customers during this period?

Please advise what I need to do in order to remove this late payment charge as im not in work at the moment and I thought this was one less thing I had to worry about. I read I did not even need to call as you guys now its hard time for everyone!

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @zlouise86, I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged this fee. Can you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode so we can look into this for you? - Thomas

Highlighted
Here to help

@ThomasC  I will do thanks