Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
90518members
26143posts

Apple Pay is here!

Highlighted
Little helper

Re: How do I use Apple Pay?

Do you want to update the customer information for users of the clubcard credit card, to make them aware that when using this technology within your own stores they don't get the points. To earn the points, you have to also take out your credit card or clubcard fob and ask this to be swiped, so doubling up on transaction time, not the most customer friendly process.
When will Tesco implement one tap with Apple Pay? http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/kohl’s-becomes-first-retailer-to-support-store-payments-and-rewa...
Highlighted
Here to help

Re: How do I use Apple Pay?

I always found my Tesco Debit card to be crap too. Everyime I used it in store they had to bypass the clubcard points. I often had contactless fail due to it.

So glad I ditched tesco and now use Barclays Apple/Android pay everyday!

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Re: Apple Pay is here!

Hi, will apple pay be coming to Tesco Current Account holders?

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @Donovan1981,

Apple Pay will be coming to our current accounts, when we have a date we'll be announcing it through our social media channels. 

Highlighted
Here to help

Can't wait for Apple Pay on debit cards now, been so long coming!!
Highlighted
Here to help

Hi we are over a year on is there any update when Tesco Debit card will be available on Apple Pay?
Highlighted
Little helper

I know it's terrible, full off empty promises
Highlighted
Employee

Hi @chris3710uk and @crjohnson1981, I'm sorry that we haven't brought Apple Pay to our Current Accounts yet, but we are looking into making it available soon. 

Keep an eye on Community for updates in the future. 

Highlighted
Safe hands

I know a lot of you would like to add your Visa Debit cards to Apple Pay but in the meantime have you had a look at PayQwiq?

It acts as a digital wallet too and can be used for transactions above £30 in store-plus it removes the need to scan your Clubcard before completing payment as they are both linked.

Have used it several times since the service launched nationally a couple of weeks ago and earned myself a bonus in the way of 500 Clubcard points.

Appreciate it's not the answer you're looking for however if you shop regularly at Tesco it's worth checking out.

Highlighted
Pitching in

I tried to use PayQwiq in my local Tesco Extra. It wouldn't scan the code whatsoever, no matter how much I tried. A member of staff couldn't help either.

Thought it was quite cumbersome to use in comparison to Apple Pay. When I tried PayQwiq I had to unlock my mobile (iPhone6sPlus) then unlock the PayQwik app both with my fingerprint before I could even try to use it.  

With ApplePay I just hold my handset up to the card reader and authenticate with finger print - job done! It's also down to the retailer to have the £30 spend limit.