Highlighted
Here to help

Re: Apple Pay is here!

Hooray.

Highlighted
Pitching in

Thanks Tesco

Ive just used my Tesco CC with Apple Pay using my AppleWwatch for the first time today it worked flawlessly 

Now if I could only use it in my local Tesco store !!!

Highlighted
Pitching in

Be nice when it accepts VISA as well as Mastercard... any news when that will be?

Andy

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hello Andy,

A lot of legacy Visa Credit cards are not supported by many of the mainstream banks (i.e. Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and Lloyds Bank).

Why this is I don't know but it may be a case of requesting your card to be transferred to the MasterCard variant. 

Highlighted
Little helper

Apple Pay - Current account visa debit

Delighted to hear you're supporting Apple Pay.
When does it roll out to everyone?

Tesco bank MasterCard only at the minute.
Any suggestions when the rest of your patient customers will get it rolled out?
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Apple Pay - Current account visa debit

I'm pretty sure I've read eligible Visa Debit card customers will be able to use Apple Pay from January 2016.

Highlighted
Safe hands

I called into my local Tesco Metro (in Derby) today after spotting contactless capable terminals.

Great news! I can use Apple Pay outside of London (at last!)

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Apple Pay - Current account visa debit

@Slickers@chaddman30

Hi, yes Apple Pay will be available for our current account in 2016, we don't have a date yet but we’ll let you know when we can. 

Highlighted
Little helper

Any further news of when current account will be available on Apple Pay? Seriously considering moving banks unless it's due soon, even Barclays is due to activate it
Highlighted
Here to help

I also agree with you. I am a recent TB customer and I am happy with my contactless card, However no sign of AP. I have a barclays contactless card also and basically the first bank to give me access on a DEBIT card wins the business of the other bank for good.

So. Let's see who manages that (probably Barclays, which is a shame as I would rather it be tesco)