Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
92857members
27408posts

Activate Card - new to the mobile banking app

Highlighted
Former Community Manager

Activate Card - new to the mobile banking app

No need to call us to activate your card. Our Tesco Bank customers can now activate their credit and debit cards in a matter of seconds using the app. This new feature is just a little improvement to make it easier and faster for you to start using your accounts. 

Mobile App - activate card.pngSimply enter the last four digits of your long debit card number or your CVV at the back of your credit card and you can start spending.

If you’re a Tesco Bank customer and haven’t already, why not discover the App today? It’s available for iOS and Android and allows you to do lots of things like check your balance, transactions, statements, move money between your Tesco Bank accounts, make payments and much more. Keep your eyes and ears open for new features that we’ll be sure to share with you throughout the year.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on this feature, and any new features you’d like to see in the app in the future. Hit the reply button below to let us know what you think.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Here to help

Re: Activate Card - new to the mobile banking app

Hi I’m not sure if I’ve noticed a systems issue but I cannot find activate card available on my online browser of Tesco bank or on the mobile app. It appears to temporarily missing. 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @superkey, is this a new application or a replacement card for an existing account? - Ross

Highlighted
Here to help

Replacement card for an existing account. The feature activate card was no showing on any online Tesco's banking system.
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Sometimes when we went you a replacement card for an existing account, you won't need to activate this using the mobile app or online banking. This will be activated by using the card at CHIP and PIN! Can you try this and see if this allows the card to work?