Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A message to our Credit Card customers

Just Getting Started

Re: A message to our Credit Card customers

This message was posted at the beginning of December last year - some five months ago but I've just got a text saying my card has been stopped and will be replaced in 7-10 days.

What sort of incompetence does Tesco have to drop to tobe unable to resolve the "no warning", no 'pre-sent card' in all that time?

Employee

I'm sorry to hear that @simon_pengelly and I'm sorry that we weren't able to give you a pre-warning about the card being stopped and reissued. I'll make sure to pass on your comments to our Credit Card team.

Just Getting Started

It's not just having a prior warning. You've had five months to gear up the system so that new cards are issued and received before the old ones get cancelled.

New to this

Well thank you for the loan but now you have the first direct debt Why Can I not log on you sent a confirmation email this phone is pretty Googled !
Employee

Hi @Notxxsure, thanks for your message. Have you registered to view your loan account online? If not, all you need is the sort code and account number from the top of your Welcome Pack and you can register here. Let us know how you get on!

New to this

I am not a credit card customer I have Loan and Bank account only with overdraft facility !

New to this

I have only just received this message too (July 2018) so now unable to use my cards and awaiting replacements.

What is the exact reason for the reissue?  I'm just a little concerned about my account security, but can't see anything wrong online.  Just a bit of an inconveniece.

Your Community Expert

Hi @ianc72 we take the security of our customers’ accounts very seriously and take every measure possible to protect customers from fraudulent activity.  As a result of a third party compromise, identified as part of routine industry-wide fraud protection measures, we have reissued a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure. I'm afraid that we can't give any more information than this. 

New to this

I've just had the same text and thought it was some sort of joke.

This is clearly unacceptable.  If I am understanding what I've been reading online correctly, this is the THIRD security breach that has caused Tesco to have to cancel and reissue credit cards.

The first one in December 2017, another in March 2018 and now this one.

If there was just 1 security breach why has it taken 7 months to reissue my card?  More worryingly if this is another security breach, why are Tesco still using the same "third party" who caused the "third party compromise" that keeps getting mentioned but not elaborated on.

Your Community Expert

Hi @gailf1972, thanks for your post. This compromise has not only affected Tesco Bank and is industry wide. Usually the third party in these types of scenarios is a retailer, so any customer that has used them may be affected by this. The retailer may contact the customers affected directly to provide further information. However, I'm not able to provide any more details other than this.