Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A message to our Credit Card customers

Your Community Expert

A message to our Credit Card customers

As part of industry wide fraud protection measures, we are reissuing a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure. 

To make sure our customer accounts are protected we have started to notify some customers to advise that their card will be stopped and that they will be reissued with a new credit card. 

This means that affected customers will not be able to use their credit card until their replacement card arrives. These new cards should arrive within 7–10 calendar days.

8 REPLIES
New to this

Re: A message to our Credit Card customers

Hi,

Could you please confirm specifically which industry-wide measures you are refering to? 

RossM wrote:

As part of industry wide fraud protection measures, we are reissuing a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure. 

To make sure our customer accounts are protected we have started to notify some customers to advise that their card will be stopped and that they will be reissued with a new credit card. 

This means that affected customers will not be able to use their credit card until their replacement card arrives. These new cards should arrive within 9 – 11 calendar days.

thanks

Your Community Expert

I'm sorry @spski777 but I'm unable to provide any more information about this at this time. However, if this changes I will update the above post. 

Highlighted
Occasional Browser

Cancelled crefit card with no notice right before christmas. Thank you Tesco -.-
New to this

Yes, this is really incredible - just before Christmas our card is cancelled due to some security problem presumably, but then taking 7-10 days to send out a replacement!?

New to this

Hi,

Please could you advise whether cards can still be used for online purchases, or do we need to wait for the new card?  Thanks

Your Community Expert

Hi @TheDaddy, you will need to await a new card before you're able to make any purchases online. I appreciate that this may not be the answer that you hope for. 

Occasional Browser

This is actually unacceptable! No notice at all about this issue AND you can’t get to speak to anyone about this on the telephone. At what point will your customers be recompensed for this? I only have one credit card and now I cannot make ANY purchases before Christmas. How do I officially complain?

RossM wrote:

This means that affected customers will not be able to use their credit card until their replacement card arrives. These new cards should arrive within 7–10 calendar days.

Your Community Expert

Hi @AkaDJ, I'm sorry that you feel this way. Unfortunately this isn't something that we can give any notice about. You're also able to find our full complaints process, timescales and contact details in this link. I hope this helps.