Online banking

Online banking

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Insurance

Do I need to tell you about any building work?

You must tell us about any building work that you plan to have carried out within your home. As a result of the change to the information you originally provided, your premium may increase or decrease and the terms of your policy may be amended, depending on the type of work being carried out.

If you do not tell us about this, we may refuse to pay a claim, or pay only part of a claim under your policy.

Please call us on 0345 246 2904*. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm and Saturday - Sunday 9am - 5pm.

For more information on what changes you need to tell us about, please see section 1 of your policy conditions within your Policy Booklet. Details of any exclusions and limitations are also available.

Calls may be recorded. *This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.


How does one tell you about building work? Also what constitues building work  - I'm having a new kitchen fitted and a new boiler. There's no structural work but some gas and electrical work - do you need advising of this.

Hi @malcolmlowing, generally all building work should be at least noted on the policy. However, depending on the work carried out we may need to either refer this to our Underwriters or potentially add an endorsement to the policy that would be active whilst the work is being carried out. If you would like to call our customer service team they can help you with this. Our number for Home Insurance is 0345 246 2904 (or 0113 820 9994 from a mobile) and our opening hours are 08:00-21:00 Mon-Fri & 09:00-17:00 Sat -Sun.