redundancy likely during holiday - what are my options for travel insurance?

Hi there - i have been put "at risk" at work which means i will be made redundant at the end of the consultation period (ends a week today). I go on holiday on friday for 2 weeks with my family and will find out if i am made redundant a week on friday. I have standard multi trip family travel insurance. What are my options? can i cancel the whole trip before hand even though i havent officially been made redundant yet? Can I cancel the holiday 7 days once i have been made redundant in and claim for the 2nd week (and I guess any travel expenses to get me and my family home)? Can i claim to cancel the holiday between the day of being made redundant and the end of the holiday? thanks very much
  • 3 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. I think that in this situation it's better that we speak to you to conform what level of cover you have on the policy and from there you can make a decision on your holiday. You can reach our Travel insurance team on 0345 293 9475. Our customer service lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.
    hi there - i have standard multi trip family cover. can i claim only when i have been made redundant which would be mid way through the holdiay? In which case would i receive the cost of sending me and my family home, plus the remaining cost of the holiday up to the 5000 mark? alternatively can i cancel before hand even if i have actually been made redundant despite it being very likely? this should be enough information right? anything else please feel free to ask. Dave
    Employee
    I'm afraid that our Travel Insurance is provided by a third party Dave, so we're unable to comment on the specifics of your coverage. If you call us on the number Ross advised above, they'll be able to let you know your options.