Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97960members
30021posts

apply for a loan when just moved jobs

Highlighted
Little helper

apply for a loan when just moved jobs

Hi, can i still apply for a loan if i have recently moved jobs? I need to get hold of a car due to my role of being opertaional as they do not of company cars but offer milage and expenses instead.

Even though i have only been working with them for a week or so how would that effect my application? 

Would additional information be required like seeing the employment contract etc?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: apply for a loan when just moved jobs

Hi,

A new job is not a bar to applying for a Tesco Loan. Dependent on your personal circumstances you may be required to provide addition information confirming your employment. This could be in the form of contract or written reference from your new employer confirming the terms of employment. 

Hope this helps.

........................................................................................................

The views expressed in this post are mine and not those of Tesco Bank

Highlighted
Little helper

I had some similar queries -

I have just started a new job but it is a temporary position on a rolling contract - will I still be able to apply for loan?

My partner is also due to start a new job next week that will probably have a probationary period  - will we have to wait until this is finished before applying for the loan?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @garymc11

Unfortunately, as you are on a temporary rolling contract, you would not be eligible for a Loan with Tesco Bank at this time. You must be in permanent employment.

As for your partner, this would depend on their profession but by in large if you are in a probationary period then you're not eligible for a Tesco Bank Loan.

Hope this helps and Good Luck to you both in your new jobs. Thanks - Stephen