Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95528members
28857posts

Would Tesco introduce a foreign transactions credit card?

Highlighted
Pitching in

Would Tesco introduce a foreign transactions credit card?

I use my Tesco credit card for circa 80% of my annual spend but then a different credit card for all transactions I make in a different currency or when I am abroad as this one is fee free on the transaction, currency exchange and any foreign cash withdrawals which is one of the cheapest and best ways to obtain foreign currency whilst your in the respective country.

Would Tesco not consider introducing a credit card with these product provisions?

The Tesco credit card fees for cross-currency transactions are probably some of the worst I have encountered - I.e if I made a £500 transaction in dollars it would cost about £15 in fees on my Tesco credit card vs £0 on my other card.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Would Tesco introduce a foreign transactions credit card?

Hi @icedchetty  !

There are no current plans to do this, however.... 👍

Tesco Bank does offer a travel money card, called a multi-currency cash passport.

This is a prepaid currency card, which allows you to load up to 7 different currencies onto it before you go on your travels.

You can use to make ATM withdrawals, or use your travel money card for day to day spending in stores and restaurants.

The only drawback, is that you can only get a Tesco travel money card by visiting a branch of Tesco with a travel money bureau.

Hope this provides a satisfactorily response for you.

Best wishes @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @icedchetty 

I agree, it would be great if Tesco Bank introduced a foreign transaction credit card.

Hopefully they'll take your suggestion onboard and look into it.

I too like you have a different credit card for solely spending abroad which is far cheaper than using a traditional credit card like the current Tesco credit card.

However, I would suggest NOT to use the pre paid currency card. I have personal experience of using this card which was not good as there are potentially fees and charges connected to this card.

Have a lovely weekend 😊

Warm wishes, Caz @25H 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @icedchetty, when you are signed up to Clubcard Plus, you are able to apply for our Clubcard Plus credit card. This card has no fees on any foreign transactions. I've linked it below for you

https://www.tescobank.com/credit-card-apply/uk/membership

Highlighted
Safe hands

Hi @ @icedchetty 

The downside to Clubcard Plus is the monthly fee of £7.99

https://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/clubcard-plus/?intid=homepage/carousel/cc/WK49

Best Wishes, @CSKBrambles