Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93012members
27462posts

Why would I want to make a balance transfer then within 3 weeks later want to pay it in full?

Highlighted
Little helper

Why would I want to make a balance transfer then within 3 weeks later want to pay it in full?

So this is the first time using credit cards in 20 years ive been caught out. Mid Dec I applied for a balance transfer and as it was an aged credit card so it still had the payment terms of paying in full. Surely after a while you should out of courtesy double check. Why would I want to make a balance transfer then within 3 weeks later want to pay it in full? I paid the min fee well in time so I don't know why you set direct debit payments so early. I only transferred 16th Dec and you were taking payment 9th Jan. Not even a month. Now I find there is a £12 fee, but also I may have last the deal. How do I know if I have? Don't want to pay a months worth of interest when I've made the min payment well in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Why would I want to make a balance transfer then within 3 weeks later want to pay it in full?

Hi @Pvinny, I'm sorry to hear that. Can you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB and postcode so I can check the account? 

Highlighted
Little helper

Re: Why would I want to make a balance transfer then within 3 weeks later want to pay it in full?

Hi, how do I do that? Can't see any active links in your reply. Thanks.

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

You can either use the @Tesco-Bank in this post or the one above @Pvinny 🙂