cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my credit card declined?

Highlighted
Just Getting Started

Why was my credit card declined?

I went to pay my petrol with my Tesco's CC a few days ago and my card was declined. I am no where near my limit and I pay my CC off each month. I received a letter today (2 days later) stating that there had been unusal activity on my CC. I have only purchased some wardrobes from Argos - that's not unusual is it? I've tried ringing several times and can't get through and have just waited over 1 hour  and 30 minutes. I initially rang the day before yesterday (2 days before their letter) and got though after 33 minutes to customer services, but I was told that the department that deals with security finishes at 10 pm and it was 9.50 pm, but they would ring me back the next day (yesterday), but they did not. I now don't know what to do, as I can't get through to ANYONE at Tesco and I have a CC that is useless. Please could someone from Tesco's Bank contact me ASAP.

5 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Why was my credit card declined?

Hi Yvette, I'm really sorry to hear about that and I can fully appreciate your frustrations. Could you possibly confirm your full name, date of birth and postcode please so I can find your account and see what's happening? - Eileen

Just Getting Started

Hi Eileen,

I finally got through to someone after 55 minutes on Saturday morning. However, they put me on hold during the conversation to check something, but I had to go out so had to hang up. I'm not happy and I'm looking at alternative CC providers this week. Thank you for your concern.

Regards,

Yvette James-Gordon

[mod edit]

Your Community Expert

Apologies that this still hasn't been resolved! Can you please delete the above message containing your personal details? We wouldn't ask you to provide these details publically. If you're then able send over your full name, DOB and postcode privately I'll do my best to help.

Just Getting Started

How do I send my details over privately?

Your Community Expert

You should send the details to @CET and we will be able to look into this for you - Chris