Why is the full direct debit amount not taken as detailed on the statement?

Help,I have just noticed that my direct debit amount is always £175 less than the full amount on the statement despite it being set to take full amount. I am not being charged interest either. Weird?
  • 2 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about this, its quite a puzzle.
    I would usually say the £175 has been spent on your card AFTER cut off so this is why you are not charged interest. However from what you say this has happened more than once amd always £175?
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out and give you an appropriate response.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps you get it sorted.
    Warm wishes
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for your message. If you receive any refunds to your account or make any additional payments towards your credit card account after your statement has produced (and at least 5 working days prior to the direct debit collection date) then the direct debit will automatically adjust in line with this to collect the amount remaining. Can you please check your credit card statements to see if this is the case? If not, please let me know and I'll be able to take a closer look.