Where do I start

My experience with Tesco Bank PLC has been nothing short of unaccepable and un-fair. First of all I do have a good point to raise in relation to Tesco Bank PLC and I have to respect them for taking consumer security seriously though sometimes it's that good I can't even access my own account. Unforunately though the negatives do out weigh the postitives. I had a issue on Friday which was yesterday where I made a payment to the account via Debit Card for the amount of £30.00 GBP, however this wasn't instantly applied to the account resulting in me experiencing Fee's/Charges on my account. Unforunatley as explained with the Social Media Team member (Alex). I believe I can't be held responsible or any consumer can be held responsible for Tesco Bank PLC's payment processing times. I did check the app and transactions prior to making the payment and there wasn't interest charges applied to the account, I made a payment of the amount of £30.00 to cover any interest charges that would be added to the account. However much to my suprise later that day interest charges of around £25.00 where added to the account which meant my account went over my credit limit (As the payment I made was still pending). Upon discussing this with the Social Media Team I informed them quite clearly and this can be reviewed via timestamps of when the payment was made to timestamps that I made the payment before the interest charges where applied to the account. However the Social Media Team had non of it and raised a complaint on my behalf and non-upheld. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Tesco Bank PLC would rather me go to the ombudsman over a £12.00 charge on the account especially when I paid on time. Obviously as I paid before the charges the outcome expecting raised from this original complaint would be for the £12.00 overcredit limit fee to be removed due to clearly seeing a payment made before the charges applied. Unfortunately this wasn't the case. What I was honestly expecting as a outcome based on the situation provided; - Refund of the £12.00 charge applied to the account
    - Tesco Bank PLC to redesign their payment system to process payments before the interest charges are applied. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @Adrock, I'm sorry to hear this. I can see someone has replied to you on Twitter in regards to this query. If you need any other information in regards to your query, you would be best to refer back to the information Alex has provided you with in Twitter.