Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
93365members
27662posts

What matters to you when you're buying car insurance?

Highlighted
Employee

What matters to you when you're buying car insurance?

It would be great to hear your thoughts – hit the reply button below to share them

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Little helper

Re: What matters to you when you're buying car insurance?

The lowest price possible for Fully Comprehensive car insurance with the option to protect my no claims, the ability to purchase and conduct everything online, not to be hassled into buying breakdown cover or extras and no hidden clauses or complicated jargon.

Highlighted
Little helper

good value for money policy non complicated with a cheap to call phone no if you need to speak to someone for help or advice. No bullying to buy add ons & reassurance that in the event of a claim it would be handled quickly & efficiently.

Highlighted
Here to help

I look for ones that let you pay monthly at the same price as yearly as car insurance can be a big hit on the budget. Also I like policies that are clear on what you are paying as excess not sneakily add a compulsory excess ontop of a voluntary excess
Highlighted
Here to help

overall cost.  Discounts from no claims.  Protecting no claims.  Excess.  Additional extras at discounted rates like legal protection, road side assistance.  Discounts by having other products from same provider.  Loyalty discounts if renewing with same provider.

Highlighted
Here to help

Price is the biggest factor when searching for insurance, but I have also found there are other things to consider.

With regards car insurance it is always worthwhile changing the elements of the insurance, I have found that decreasing the excess has actually reduced my premiums, also by adding my partner to the policy as a named driver actually reduced the premiums. There are also other things to consider such as a courtesy car or insuring your no claims bonus sometime the costs are so small it is certainly worthwhile adding.

Highlighted
Little helper

I need a car insurance
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hu @Umer, thanks for getting in touch. I've attached a link to our car insurance website below where you an get a quote. Hope this helps. 

https://www.tescobank.com/car-insurance/standard/index.html

Highlighted
Little helper

Highlighted
In the know

A great price without having to pay for additional extras such as Legal Protection etc and lower excesses not inflating premiums too much.

Clubcard points for either paying in full or monthly would be nice too as would monthly repayments not incurring high interest rates even though some insurers class it as a credit agreement.