View Statements for Closed Accounts in Document Store

I've just received an email saying "Your Tesco Bank savings account statement is now available in your document store" for an account that I closed a few days ago. I can't select this (now closed) account from the drop down in the document store though. How can I access it?
  • 6 Replies

Employee
    Hi , I'm sorry that you've had trouble viewing your annual statement. At the moment we have an issue showing annual statements for a closed account in your document store. We don't have a timescale for a fix at the moment but we are aware of this fault in our system. We can send this statement out to you in the post, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your DOB and postcode.
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 06-01-21 at 09:58.
    Thanks for your reply . I'll message with the details requested.
    I have the same issue. A Fixed Term account auto-closed after the term finished and the principal and a small amount of post-term interest was sent to my linked account. I now cannot access the final statement to closure.
    Former Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, . If both the principal balance and interest were sent to a nominated account this this will have been your instruction. You may have been given the option to set up your maturity instruction back when you opened the account. If you hadn't done this, you would have had an opportunity to let us know of your maturity option when we wrote to you.

Normally if a customer doesn't get in touch with us to discuss their maturity option, then when the account matures, the interest is sent to your nominated account, and the principal balance is transferred to an instant access account with us. Since both the principal balance and interest were sent to the same nominated account, that would indicate that you have previously instructed us to do that for you.

If you're adamant that you didn't do this, then please send a private message confirming your full name, date of birth and postcode so we can look into this for you.
    Hello EileenM I am struggling to understand the relevance of your post. It discusses maturity options. That is not the issue. You may have misunderstood. I wish to receive a statement to closure. This can be electronic or paper. Your computer system does not allow this. That way I have some record of what has happened if I later require it. I have since phoned up Tesco and an operator said he would have one sent out manually. Again this is not related to maturity options. You have misunderstood. I simply wish to access my final statement.
    Former Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry about that, . As explained in JohnW's post, you can message us with your details to have your statement posted. I'm glad my colleague was able to help when you called.

If there's anything else we can help with please get back in touch - Caroline