Unknown Direct debit

Hi, I have a direct debit coming out of my current account and I do not know what it is for. I have tried to contact all of the personal insurance companies that Tesco handed responsibility over to, like Aviva - but they do not recognise the Direct Debit reference No and advised I need to contact Tesco directly. However, I cannot find a suitable phone number to call.... All contact numbers refer to online banking, loans etc...
  • 7 Replies

Employee
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. Could you please message us at with the direct debit reference number so we can look into this for you? - Carly
    Hi I also have a unknown direct debit to Tesco bank. Can you please advise as to what I need to do? Can you look into this for me please? Sorry I don’t know how to do a new post! Thanks in advance
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , sorry to hear about this. Can you please send over a private message to Tesco-Bank confirming your full name, DOB and postcode? Can you also let me know if you hold any accounts or insurance policies with us? - Kelly
    Hello, I have noticed a direct debt on my account this month for Tesco Bank but no idea what this is for. When I have checked my back statements the same amount has been debited for several month. Can you help me find out why I am being debited please?
    Community superstar
    Morning I'm very sorry to hear about your unknown direct debit. Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so it can be checked out and provide you with an appropriate response.Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.Complete it and send your message securely.Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.Additionally can you also let Tesco Bank know it you hold any accounts or insurance policies with them an which months the debit has been taken. Warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm pretty sure this will be for an insurance policy.If you don't have an insurance policy with Tesco, then please send them a private message with your direct debit reference number to get it checked out.To do this, please proceed as follows :-Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.Complete it and send your message securely.Please also include your full name, date of birth and postcode.Hope this helps !
    Above and beyond
    Hi Georgina,I'm pretty sure this will also find this is for an insurance policy.If you don't have an insurance policy with Tesco, then please send them a private message with your direct debit reference number to get it checked out.To do this, please proceed as follows :-Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.Complete it and send your message securely.Please also include your full name, date of birth and postcode.Hope this helps ! @CSKBrambles