cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use debit card to make payment to tesco credit card

Occasional Poster

Unable to use debit card to make payment to tesco credit card

Hi

I am unable to use my Maestro debit card  to make payments for tesco credit card .the Debit Card was working previously now when I try to make payments I get message "Seems like there is an error in the URL "

I am able to use the Debit Card to make online payments on other websites which have 3d secure payment for the Debit Card.

Regards

Rahul

9 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Unable to use debit card to make payment to tesco credit card

I'm sorry to hear that @rahulwalawalkar. Our website does link up with 3D Secure systems, so I'm not sure why this would be happening. Have you tried to remove the card from your online banking and add it back again? Have you experienced similar issues with our app or just on the website?

Occasional Poster

Hi Scott

I have done all that the Debit card was wroking with 3d secure few months back suddenly it stopped .

Regards

Rahul

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Has the 3D secure stopped working on both the website and the app Rahul? 

Occasional Poster

Yes

Your Community Expert

Can you give our Online Helpdesk a call Rahul so we can investigate this? You can reach them on 0345 300 3511 (24/7). 

Occasional Poster

Hi RossM

I have done that already.

Rahul

Your Community Expert

What did they advise on the phone? Have you tried deleting the card from your app and online banking and adding it back on?

Occasional Poster

Hi Scott

Advise was the same as you have advised nothing has worked so far. The problem is tesco website is not able to generate the 3d secure payment option so please can you investigate is this a issue with me or all users . As said before I can use the same debit card to make payments on other websites which are able to generate the 3d secure payment option where I have to input my password to confirm the payment.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Rahul

Your Community Expert

I'll pass on the details @rahulwalawalkar. In the meantime, have you tried to use the mobile app to make your payments? I used it myself last night and there was no issue with the 3D payment option. 

You can also send faster payments to your account using the details in this FAQ here: Paying your Credit Card