cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer partial credit limit from one Tesco card to another

Just Getting Started

Transfer partial credit limit from one Tesco card to another

Hi,

I'm thinking about taking out the 24 month 0% Balance transfer card. I already hold a normal purchases card.

My question is whether if/when my BT card arrives and the limit isn't as high as the balance I intend to transfer, can I reduce the limit on my purcahse card and increase the BT card accordingly?

I've done similar with American Express before and assume Tesco will do this as it doesn't increase my credit limit as an individual. 

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Transfer partial credit limit from one Tesco card to another

Hi @initalwaysaye

I've checked with my colleagues in the Credit Card department and they've said it's something that they can do for you :-) If you apply and are successful and need to change the limit, call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and we can see what we can do. 

Just Getting Started

Great news. Thanks Scott :-)
Just Getting Started

Re: Transfer partial credit limit from one Tesco card to another Tesco card

Hello

My husband phoned to do this at the weekend and was told it would be forwarded to the team, and he would get a response yesterday to if they can increase the transfer card and decrease his other card. He had no response yesterday and nothing has happened to the cards.

How long does it take to action the request and how does he get advised what the decission is?

Thanks

Your Community Expert

Hi @hnixon

It can take three to five working days for the process to be completed. Has your husband heard back yet about it?

If not, we'd advise to call the number again to ask for an update. 

Just Getting Started

Hello Scott

Yes all sorted.

Thanks

Occasional Browser

I've just got a 2nd card approved and read somewhere during the application that I can transfer some of my credit limit from my 1st card to my 2nd card but when I spoke with someone in the card department, I was told that this wasn't possible?
Your Community Expert

Hi @regs,

I'm sorry you were advised that this is not possible. You can transfer your limit, to do so please call 0345 366 2709 (open 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-2pm weekends). Let me know if there is anything else I can help with - Tristan

ala
Just Getting Started

*deleted* (duplicate post)

ala
Just Getting Started