Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
70755members
20412posts

This device isn't recognised. We need to check it's you before you enter your password.

Highlighted
Just Getting Started

This device isn't recognised. We need to check it's you before you enter your password.

Hi,

I get this message every time I try and login, I got in once via temporary code, but I don't want to do this every time I try and login, please help..

3 REPLIES 3
Your Community Expert

Re: This device isn't recognised. We need to check it's you before you enter your password.

@francey Thanks for getting in touch. We recognise a device by installing a cookie on that device, if your browsing cache is cleared or the device is updated, we will no longer recognise you. When this happens we will need to send a One Time Access Code (OTAC) to your phone.

It's worth noting that the mobile app: https://www.tescobank.com/mobile-banking-app, other than on initial registration will not require an OTAC.

Just Getting Started

Re: This device isn't recognised. We need to check it's you before you enter your password.

How do I get one sent to my phone?

Your Community Expert

If you enter the requested digits from your security number and click next, the next page should give you the option of having an OTAC sent. If your security number or password is locked, we will need to send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. If you would like to request this, please privately message us @Anonymous with your full name, DOB and postcode.

Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed.