Tesco loan

Hi

We have applied for a loan and recieved an approved message. We continued through the process and had to answer some security questions as proof of who we were. It stated if we did not answer the questions you would send out paperwork instead. We answered the questions and I think we signed online. I'm sure it said you had some final checks and you would text to tell me when the funds are going to be transferred. I can get back into my loan agreement as the page times out.

However, reading your faq it states that you post paperwork out and it can take 5 days. I got the impression when we filled in the loan that it was going to all be completed online.

Can you confirm if this is true or if we will be still sent items to complete in the post. Just so I have an idea of what to expect.
  • 5 Replies

Just to confirm its my husband applying for the loan and it's not a joint loan.

I have read on your faq page that you may be able to do it all digitally which I assume is what he's done.

So if it is done digitally what timescale are we expecting.

Like I said before it stated at the end he would receive a text to confirm when funds are transferred
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi  that's great your Loan got approved! Yes that's right if you're approved automatically we'll work the application within a few days and text you to let you know the funds are on their way to your bank account. If you signed it online then you'll only be sent your application documents you won't need to send anything back to us, that would only be if it was referred and had to confirm extra information :smileyhappy:
    Hi I received confirmation from Tesco on line that my application for a new car loan was approved and the funds are to be transferred to my account within the next 24 hours. I have however not received any emails from Tesco confirming this. Is this normal practice? When will the funds bemail actually transfered?
    Not one to complain very often but the silence from Tesco Bank is deafening. As I am due to buy a car Saturday I have decided to obtain a loan from Sainsburys Bank instead and I get nectar points. They have issued me an email already to say my loan has been approved and will be in my account by 12:00 noon tomorrow morning.

Now that is rather impressive I have to admit.

Hi ,

We do not send emails regarding the application as we confirm the status at the end of the application. I appreciate that you expected this so I will feed back that for you. So I can log your comments, could you please private message me your DOB and postcode in this format:

0 1 / 0 2 / 3 4

A B 1 2 3 C D

I'm sorry you did not receive a response as quickly as you expected, The Community is primarily for customer to customer dialogue and as such responses will not be as quick as on the phone or through our Facebook or Twitter pages. I understand that as a result you have sought out a loan elsewhere, would you need help in arranging for your application with us to be cancelled? I would be happy to help you with this once you've sent on your details.

- Tristan