Tesco bank car insurance

Ok let me explain my experience with Tesco bank car insurance...
    Last year I bought my dream car a Porsche Cayman s i saved up for years this car..
    I insured it with Tesco bank car insurance they were the cheapest on the comparison site.
    unfortunately where I live we get bad floods and I ended up up flooding my engine so it was broken.
    I phoned Tesco and thank god I was covered for flood damage they sent a inspector and said it’s a (right off) cat n
    So I asked how much it’s valued at and they said around 8k.. was way too low.
    They said they will get back to me and have to take the car away..
    then I waited around 2 weeks they finally took the car and said my insurance is voided because of the colour,, on the log book it’s silver the car was blue so I’m not going to get a pay out..
    I got my car back and it was damaged from the garage it was kept at..
    I argued and they said they will restart the policy..
    then they decided not too because it was a plasti dip wrap they couldn’t be removed..
    So I decide to remove it took me 2 hours ..
    So months go by with my policy voided and no pay out even tho what the colour of the car got to do with the engine damage..
    I went to do a car check online and it’s a registered cat n!!! How is this possible when my insurance is void..
    Tesco bank car insurance by far the worse service ever wouldn’t recommend anyone insuring with theM
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi, thanks for your post. I have recorded your above comments as feedback.