Tesco Banking App Not Compatable

When I go to get the app I get the message " This app is incompatible with
    your device" and therefore cannot be downloaded.

My phone is shown to be Archos Alba 5 with Android 6. I have been able to download other Tesco apps

Can you offer any advice.
  • 6 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry that you're having issues with the app. Please follow the instructions in this link to see if this helps and let us know how you get on.
    Thanks Ross.Have gone through the entire list shown in the link.The app is still coming up as not compatable
    Employee
    Thanks for getting back in touch , although I am sorry to hear that you've been unable to download the app after going through the link my colleague Ross provided! What is the screen size on your phone? As this could be a reason as to why the app is not compatible.
    Thanks.The screen size is listed as 5 inch.Just to remind that I have the Clubcard app working OK
    This compatability issue has been a problem since time began. I have access to multiple tablets from different suppliers, and have used 3 different mobile phones. Despuite all versions of Android being recent release I have managed to get the Teasco card application working on just one tablet. All other attempts are greeted with the incompatable message which you have reported. This isn't an exception - the folks at Tesco have mindlessly decided to prevent their customers from using this application. The actual problem is not with the application, its with the abysmal support for the application. When I have reported this problem to the application author it has been totally ignored. And yet to fix this problem would be incredibly easy - a very simple reconfiguration of the application would resolve this incompatability issue. The problem is that the numbskull who provides support hasn't got a clue of the software they are developing, and they've put up a ring fence relating to the devices which could so easily be supported. That ring fence doesn't need to be there. This problem has become so tiresome for me that I am actively pursuing the replacement of my Tesco card with one from another supplier - who won't treat me with the risrespect that I get with Tersco card.
    Former Community Manager
    I'm sorry that you feel this way @BobD583. The Tesco Bank App is now compatible with most devices and we're always looking to make it as accessible as possible for all our customers. So I can look into this further and ensure that your feedback about the app is passed on the appropriate team can you send a message to @Tesco-Bank with your name, DOB and postcode, leaving a space between each character of your personal details. In addition. Please list the aforementioned devices, OS version and screen size.