cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary security number

Occasional Poster

Temporary security number

Hi,

I have received a text mesage with a temporary security number for the third week in a row. I have never asked for this and I am able to logon with my original security number for mr CC.  I phoned the previous time I received it and was told to ignore it as my phone number must have been mixed with someone else but as it appears to be a regular thing can someone tell me wht is going on?

Thanks

Phil

8 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Temporary security number

Hi @pjw11, we are aware of an issue whereby a customer may receive a temporary security number from us at random, which does not impact their account. We will add this instance to the incident we have recorded. Sorry for any alarm this has caused and we're working to stop this from happening again. 

Occasional Poster

Appreciated.

Occasional Browser

HI, MY SECURITY NUMBER IS LOCKED. WHAT I NEED TO DO TO UNLOCK IT.

Employee

Hi @leosuman, if you head to this page here, you can find out how to send us a private message so we can help reset your details. 

New to this

I’ve just received a random text with a temporary security number. I didn’t request one. Should I worry?

Your Community Expert

Sorry for any concern caused by this @gjp196. It might simply be that we have the wrong number on file for one of our customers, but if you give our Online Helpdesk a call on 0345 300 3511 (open 24/7) we can double check this for you just to be safe.

Occasional Browser

I am also having issues with obtaining a security number. My account is locked as I am on a new phone. I have tried frustratingly to follow the instructions but without success.
Trying to call has also been unsuccessful due to high hold times.
Any suggestions please?
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Malthic, I'm sorry you're having problems online! Apologies you haven't managed to reach our team yet, we have recently been experiencing some busy periods. Could you please confirm your full name, DOB and postcode via private message to @CET so we can look into this for you?