TESCO COVID SCAM!!!!BE AWARE OF TESCO CREDIT CARD COVID HOLIDAY SCAM!!!

Every little help or every little puts you into more debts? Unfortunately for me i believed this Scam Tesco bank promise to help me during pandemic outbreak. I applied for credit card 3 months holiday and now found myself in more debts. I did know that they would charge me interest during this time but what they didn't tell ya is that you will require to pay this interest back straight away after your holiday break ends. Also they charged me 70% interest from my usual monthly payment. I was close to my credit limit before i took this Covid holiday break, now because of Tesco charging me interest i went into Excess of the agreed credit limit. Received letter today saying i have to pay almost £500 back immediately. It was sneaky, what a SCAM!!!! Instead of helping me they put me into more debts and now they are threatening me with letter. Phoned Tesco bank today and they told me i have to pay as i signed an agreement. Zero help. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SCAM BANK AND DO NOT TAKE CREDIT CARD HOLIDAY GUYS!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARN!!!!
  • 22 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Well, after few phone calls to different departments the issue was kind of solved, i guess. They delayed my minimum payment to further instructions, till they calculate properly my "new" minimum payment. It should be shown on my account in a few days, so i don't have to pay £445 for now. Let's see what happens. Thanks everyone for trying to help.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that as that doesn't seem correct at all. Interest would continue through the agreed payment holiday but this wouldn't have to be paid in a lump sum. Provided your account was up to date and within the account limits then when your break is over you could continue with your monthly payments as usual. If you would like me to check this then please send a private message to with your full name, DOB and postcode.
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you will let look into this for you, check it out and provide you with an appropriate response.
    To send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' please click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Warm wishes,
    Former Community Manager
    Thanks , I may steal your text about sending us a private message
    thanks for you quick reply guys. just sent you a message. Cheers
    Your Community Expert
    I've had a look and I can see that my colleague passed you to our Financial Assist team, did you have a discussion with the team? Looking at the account, all fees have been refunded. However, the interest will still be payable - Ross
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm try sorry to hear about this !I can see that Ross and 25H have both responded to offer their assistance.Likewise, i'm following up to check that you now received an appropriate resolution.Kind Regards,
    Community superstar
    Hi I see Ross has looked at the account and has said that all the fees have been refunded.It is standard that the interest will still be payable as interest is calculated on the outstanding balance.Hope this has resolved your query.If so would you please Accept as Solution for me.Cheers and warm wishes,
    Eagle eye
    Tesco claim that they are doing all they can to help but they are full of s***! Customers need a credit holiday because Tesco Bank are taking MONTHS & Months to deal with Section 75 claims and because of THEIR FAILING, Tesco want to charge you interest. To be absolutely clear: Tesco owe you thousands via your Section 75 claim and by taking many months to process it they get to earn interest from YOU as a financial benefit. How is this even ethical? TESCO ARE NOT A BANK, they are a third party provider.Examples:AMEX: Take THREE days to credit a Section 75 claim and 10 days for it to be returned to your account (as posted in comments today on the BBC website). This is typical for most banks now but NOT third party providers like Tesco. If financial security is important to you, you are foolish to use a Tesco Credit Card, their Section 75 claims take a minimum of FOUR MONTHS (and beyond) as I know to my cost. This totally demeans the function of the Section 75 cover. Get your self a credit card from a PROPER bank. You have been warned.