T&C's

On opening my Tesco Banking App I am now faced with the new terms and conditions regarding Third Party Providers. But if I hit the ACCEPT button below am I accepting the new T&C's and allowing TPP's sharing my data? I wouldn't be asking if there was a way to pass this section to My Accounts, but it seems to me I can't get there without accepting the new T&C's, or am I reading it all incorrectly?
  • 3 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi , thanks for contacting us. Nothing will change in the relationship you have with Tesco Bank. You will still able to manage your accounts with us as you always have done.

You would be required to agree to the terms due to the changes implemented under the Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2), which is a piece of EU legislation that all payment account providers within the European Union must have complied with from the 13th January 2018. However, you would also need to agree with a Third Party Provider (TPP) separately in order to share data with them.
    There may be an increase in the number of companies offering new services, and you may wish to use them, but it is completely your choice whether you do so.
    If you do choose to use these new services you should ensure that the provider you use is authorised by the FCA , or another European regulator, to provide these services. You should also do your own research to ensure you are comfortable with the company's services.

I hope this clarifies things for you.
    So in pressing the ACCEPT I am not agreeing to allow Tesco to share my data, Yes or No?
    Also why am I asked to accept the T&C’s on iOS App and not when logging in on PC?
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , no you are not agreeing for us to share information with TPP's unless you've provided them separate access to your account.
    The T&C's on IOS and the website are the same, it's just the way the app displays them that means we need to get you to accept them in order to generate the additional screen and stop it from appearing again. On the website it is displayed as below. You can also read more about this in This Link